Amson

India

India
Amson, Jan 23, 2021
Description:
My daughter was here for the weekend so a great opportunity to ask some questions for this challenge.

Me: The girls were so young when I took them to India the first time - just 9 and 11 and then again 2 years later. They confuse between the trips and no wonder. I had been to India many times before but still going on my own to Eastern India with 2 young girls was quite an adventure. In the 4 weeks that we spent in India on our first trip, we saw only one westerner. We were well and truly off the beaten track. Our second trip was on the tourist track through Rajasthan.

What did you love about travelling to India?

Amber: I stood next to Shahrukh Khan’s car and the weird medicine man who came as we were going out to dinner.

Me: I paid a fortune on our second visit just to divert and leave from Mumbai so that we could visit Film City, Bollywood. It was worth it. The girls love Bollywood movies.

Why do you like India?

Amber: I just love the food, the films and I loved buying hindu posters on the street.

Me: Actually on the first trip, we had to find restaurants or cooks that were able to cook chicken and rice dishes for the girls as they were not at that stage used to all the Indian spices. Amber did not like chilli in her omelette. As for Hindu posters, they had seen mine that I had bought in the 70’s so were eager to get a collection of their own. We had fun sitting on the streets in markets going through piles of posters.

What are 3 things that we did in India that you really loved?

Amber: 1. Going to Bollywood (Film Studio) in Mumbai and seeing film scenes being shot.

Me: Yes we visited 3 film sets shooting for film and TV. We had fun.

Amber: 2. All the historic sites like the Amber Palace, the Observatory in Jaipur and other historical places.

Me: On visit 2 we visited many forts and palaces in Rajasthan. The girls loved it. I remember them being really impressed with all the weapons and the bed of nails.

Amber: 3. Riding elephants, camels and yaks. Also when the staff brought the baby elephant Ganga, who was saved in the floods, to see us. And the baby turtles.

Me: Everyone we met fussed over the girls and could not do enough to please them. On one day, they even brought over a baby elephant for the girls to play with.

Do you want to go back to India?

Amber: Of course.

Me: I love India but visiting with the girls when they were young was extra special. To see the country through their eyes was truly magical. And just to see the love that was
shown to them by all the local people we met and travelled with was something that I will never forget. These memories are truly precious for all of us.

Credits:
Pink Reptile Design: Listed, Unscripted Elements
MPM: Arise
Lilypad Collab: Rituals afternoon.
B Magee template modified (non store)

Thanks for the challenge.
    • Saar
      Oh what an awesome take on the challenge. I love the page design and all the photos. I love the clusters and all the details as well. And I loved the interview. Beautiful work.
    • threadjungle
      The photos look like they are tucked in a pocket. So clever!!
    • bcgal00
      Gorgeous page and what a wonderful trip that was!
    • flowersgal
      Wonderful interview journaling and I love that you were able to fit so many photos on your page. I applaud you for your adventurous spirit in traveling along with two young girls to India. My question: do you speak the language?
    • Amson
      @flowersgal thanks for your lovely comment. And no I do not speak any of the Indian languages. I hired guides and drivers usually to take us around which made it easier.
    • Amson
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    Amson
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    327.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).