Karen

Pickle Paint Shelves

Pickle Paint Shelves
Karen, Oct 4, 2020
Description:
Simple & Sweet Album Templates 4 by Scrapping with Liz (heavily modified)
Mixed Media Monthly: Stop Waiting
Be Here, Now : Mixed Media Collages by Rachel Jefferies
Be Here, Now: Misc Paperie by Rachel Jefferies
Be Here, Now: Collage Bits and Bobs by Rachel Jefferies

journaling: I only had 1 shelf on my old bookshelves where my Shutterfly albums would fit and it was full, so I searched on Craigslist and Facebook for something that would work. I found these 2 sets on FB for $20!!! They were beat up along the bottom, so I knew I’d have to paint them. I decided to learn how to use milk paint. The paint color was “In a Pickle.” I used 2 coats (ran out after the 1st coat and had to order more on Amazon). I sanded everywhere and more on the edges for a distressed look and then finished it with a dark oil wax. I LOVE how these turned out! 9/19/2020
LynnG, MrsPeel and mirjam like this.
    • mcurtt
      Karen, these turned out great! I'm impressed. When you commented about painting shelves, for some reason I thought it was a small job. Nope, I was wrong. And the paint color looks fabulous!
      Karen likes this.
    • mirjam
      Wowzers Karen what a fantastic result! Love the color!
    • MrsPeel
      Karen!!!!! you are so very multi talented!!!!!! we used to do all re decor on our own, since Sarita was a toddler she loved doing things in the house!!! we have here two sites where you can find awesome things for free...one is Freecycle, which is USA owned, the other one is UK split of it, called Feeegle. You can read what people offer and as for it, or post a WANTED... I have always gotten everything I asked for, and most of the things we offered were picked up by very nice people :) still, these for $20????? amazing!!!!! and now I am outta here to Amazon to search and see what Milk Paint is!!!!! Love you!!!!!

[​IMG]
      Karen likes this.
    • dotcomkari
      kisses for bart
    • dotcomkari
      love how taltened you are! this is so amazing! I am impressed
      Karen likes this.
    • Karen
      mcurtt likes this.
    • keepscrappin
      pickle paint... :giggle What a fabulous find! $20... you're the rehab queen... love it!
      [​IMG]
      Karen likes this.
    • dotcomkari
      Kisses bart!!!

makes me wanta paint!! :)
    • norton94
      Oooo this is such fun!! I did milk paint on my buffet and LOVE it ("pewter" a darker gray color) I love your pickle color - turned out fabulous! Great page too!
      Karen likes this.
    • HeatherB
      You are so talented! These turned out amazing. And to think you got them for only $20!! Love the journaling and love the selfie alongside the before and after photos of the shelves. Great page!
      Karen likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    Karen
    Date:
    Oct 4, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    292.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).