Mingo08

Connected-Somehow

Connected-Somehow
Mingo08, Aug 5, 2020
Description:
Special Edition Mixed Media Challenge for Rachel Jeffries - August 2020

We Are All Connected - mini-kit

The writing in the background are photo images of my dad's handwriting on the sheetrock in one of the barns at his farm. This is complicated and not something I'd usually scrap, but here it is. The images themselves are SO interesting.
ajm, RJMJ and KarenB like this.
    • RJMJ
      WOW!...This Is Amazing!...How Wonderful! Personal! & Intricate!...I Love! That It Is About Your Family Connection..IE:Your Very Special Dad!...I Especially Love This Because Of The Special Connection I Have To My Own Very Special Dad!...WONDERFUL!...LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Thanks! So Much For Sharing This With Us!...
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @RJMJ Thanks so much! This was always going to be a tough set of photos to scrap, as my dad died two years ago and the barn this was in was torn down later that same year. My connection with my dad was complicated and that has become more apparent since he passed. Some things happened yesterday in relation to that, making it a good day to tackle this subject. I'm glad I did! Compared to *your* art journaling, this isn't much - but I'm happy with it!
    • RJMJ
      @Mingo08 ...OMG!...I'm So Sorry To Hear About Your Dad Passing!...My Condolences To You & Your Family!...But I Do Understand!...My Mom Passed Some Years Ago Now!...& I Still Miss Her So!...I Had A Terrible Time After She Passed...The Grieving Process Was A Long & Hard One!...In Fact She Is One Of The Main Reasons I Got Into Digital Scrapbooking In The First Place!...I Wanted To Save Some Of Her Memories...But I Look At Those Pages Now As A Stepping Stone To Where I Am Now In My Scrapbooking Journey!...We All Have To Start Somewhere...To Get To The Next Steps In Life...I Certainly Cringe Now...Looking Back At Some Of My First Layouts!...But They Were A Learning Process...Each Page Taught Me Something...& I Just Continued To Learn & Grow!...As You Will Too!...But That Being Said...I Love Your Page!...You Put Yourself Out There! & Shared Something Emotional & Personal With All Of Us!...And That Takes Courage! & Strength!...To Share These Difficult & Powerful! Memories!...I Was Moved By Your Page!...It Is Full Of Love! & Meaning!...You Should Take Heart In Accomplishing That! & Be Proud Of Your Wonderful Page!...Hearts & Hugs!...Take Care!...:grouphug...
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Mingo08
      @RJMJ Thanks for the encouragement! I scrapped a second page, with the handwriting as photos and a brief description - that's probably what will go in the scrapbook as it will have more meaning for my DD when she looks at it some day. DH didn't really *get* either page, but I think it's because his memory of the writing on the wall (literally!) was of a cleaner wall! LOL! If it's not straightforward, he's not likely to appreciate it...but he generally loves my pages. :)
      RJMJ likes this.
    • marijke
      Fabulous art page ... I love how you blended your father's handwriting ...
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • ajm
      Such awesome work! Love how you blended the photos!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • redplaid3
      I think you had fun making this! It's cool!!! I esp love how you used the handwriting that means something to you!
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Thank you for sharing your backstory. And I love the handwriting on your page. This is a wonderful photoless layout.
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Ga_L
      Wonderful page ! Love the blending work. Thanks for sharing
      Mingo08 likes this.
    • Rachel Jefferies
      It's very touching to me that you have taken part in this challenge even though you were hesitant at first. And whilst it's a sensitive subject for you to address, it warms my heart that my mixed media art prompted you to create, and to journal something that was on your mind, that's all I could ask for when making my work for you all to enjoy. Thanks for sharing your story with us about why you made this page, and for publicly sharing your gorgeous page with us. I hope you will consider playing along in some future challenges, your work is interesting and very unique. Sending best wishes and virtual hugs! Rachel :hug
      Mingo08 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    Mingo08
    Date:
    Aug 5, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    298.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).