DivaMom96

Change

Change
DivaMom96, Apr 6, 2020
Description:
It’s hard to believe that just three weeks ago, we celebrated a Bar Mitzvah in our sanctuary. And now, here we are leading Shabbat services from our homes. The three of us worked hard to prepare a service that everyone could access and attend virtually. We spent several hours playing around with sound settings, camera angles and sharing the PowerPoint screen on Zoom. In the end, we had a beautiful Shabbat service, full of music and prayer, that could speak to everyone. I expect that this is how we will lead our worship services for the next two months. You know, Shabbat is a home-based holiday, but I doubt that the rabbis ever envisioned leading virtual services from the home. Times have certainly changed. Cantor Deborrah Cannizzaro, Rabbi Joel Simon and Rabbi Nathan Farb, leading Shabbat service. 4/3/20

NBK Designs Starter No. 2; ArtCrush 26
Sahin Designs Homebody
Mommyish Happiness Within
Juliestcyr and justPattyAnne like this.
    • Smwhite
      This is so beautiful! I love the beauty of your temple's stained glass window along with your Zoom (I'm assuming) screen. We are all worshiping in virtual ways and I think you're right, the rabbi's of old couldn't even imagine being able to worship in times like these!
    • Juliestcyr
      You're a cantor, Deborrah! That is so cool! There are so many things I'm sure we never thought we'd do virtually. Seders, bar mitzvahs... I love that stained glass! It'd make a great zoom background.
    • DivaMom96
    • Juliestcyr
      @DivaMom96 I am definitely not a cantor. But, I've been participating in the Zoom events our Temple is running. Our little Temple here in Ottawa, Ontario doesn't have its own cantor, but the cantorial student who has come to do the High Holidays for the last few years has been joining in on some of the Zoom chats from his home in St. Louis. Your congregation is very lucky to have you with them.
      DivaMom96 likes this.
    • easyeyes4you
      Beautiful page... My church is also on line of course.. from the first week, our services were beautifully crafted... and exquisitely done... I have watched one other church , that did it totally different... mine follows the normal format in the sanctuary.. the other church had videos of the pastor sitting at his desk, and other parishioners, doing bit parts and all of it was stitched together.. The man who is playing the piano in the page I will be posting here today about dances, is one of the musical performers with his wife at this other church and they found a nice venue to record their offering in...
      DivaMom96 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    DivaMom96
    Date:
    Apr 6, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    253.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).