AmandaJ

Star Trek

Star Trek
AmandaJ, Jan 20, 2020
Description:
Kristin Aagard ~ Over the Moon
United Federation of Planets Font

Journaling:
Late 1970s - 1989 ~ I have vivid memories of my Dad being ready for church on Sunday mornings. All his girls would be running around getting ready and eating breakfast and he'd be watching TV. Lost in Space and Star Trek The Original Series.
After I got married in 1992 and while I was still in college Dad would tape Star Trek The Next Generation for me. In the spring of 1993 he had an episode for me. The Best of Both Worlds Part 1. he did not tell me it was a cliff hanger. When it got to the end and Jean-Luc Picard looked at the camera and said "I am Locutus of Borg" I went nuts. To be continued was the worst thing you could see back then. He laughed and laughed. I was at his house for the premiere of Season 4.
1993- 2019 ~ Over the years I have been to see and collected all the available Next Generation movies and I love the re-boot. With the advent of streaming I am able to indulge my love without loading up my house with physical tapes or disks.
December 2019 & January 2020 ~ Rewatched key episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation and Star Trek Voyager. I also watched four movies. First Contact. Insurrection. Nemesis. the Star Trek (2009) re-boot.
January 23 2020 ~ Picard premiers on CBS All Access. I am ready. I am very excited about the continuation of Jean-Luc's story. I have re-watched the previews a silly number of times. I dislike having to subscribe to another streaming service. I think this one will be worth it in the long run.
cfile likes this.
    • StefanieS
      Wow, love this.
      I am a star wars girl and not such a trekkie - but I appreciate your passion and stickability.
      AmandaJ likes this.
    • AmandaJ
      @Eyeore I am an equal opportunity "Star" fan! LOL!
      StefanieS likes this.
    • cfile
      Love this Amanda.. we are trekies too but my husband refuses to buy another streaming service.. we still have cable (FIOS) and also Netflix so that is it that lol... If you have netflix, we watched this documentary yesterday that was on Netflix that you will like.. It is called "For the Love of SPOCK" by Adam Nimoy... it was wonderful and a must see... I love your page here with the planets on the black bg and the star trek logo.. I also loved reading your journaling !!(We got married in 1992 as well - 7/3) .. wonderful wonderful page!! TFS!
      AmandaJ likes this.
    • PaperWings
      Love your page, love Star Trek: TNG!
      AmandaJ likes this.
    • KAPOH
      This is so clever. LOVE IT!
      AmandaJ likes this.
    • AmandaJ
      @cfile oh awesome! I will definitely put that on my list!
      cfile likes this.
    • tkradtke
      This is soooo cool!! I love that this is not only a timeline of the show/series but also a personal story of the connection between your love of Star Trek and your dad. I also love the clean lines of this spread... absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge!
      AmandaJ likes this.
    • tlcd1961
      This is absolutely wonderful! I wish I had a cool story about my obsession with Star Trek. I never miss it!
      AmandaJ likes this.
    • AnEnglishLady
      TV series, like Star Trek, have the amazing ability, to cross the generations and bring families together. I love the way you have documented, your and your dad’s shared love of the series in the form of a time-line spanning 40+ years, and how this includes changes in your relationship (as you grew up and moved away from home) and changes in technology (tapes to streaming services).
      #MOC8-20 #Timeline #doublepagespread #journaling
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    AmandaJ
    Date:
    Jan 20, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    164.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    300px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).