flowersgal

Oct16_Technique Chall_web

Oct16_Technique Chall_web
flowersgal, Oct 16, 2019
Description:
Oct 16, 2019 - Technique Challenge
Supplies:
M3Aug 17 - Paula Kesselring
Forever Joy - Basics - Timekeeping; Basics - Neutral (papers)
wvsandy likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      Absolutely stunning, Patsy. I'm SO into Native American beliefs and art.
      flowersgal likes this.
    • flowersgal
      @Cherylndesigns - thanks. I'm not sure these were the best photos for the technique but I wanted to use them and so enjoyed making this layout.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @flowersgal I think they're absolutely stunning!! All of the photographs of the Native Americans were in black and white. I follow several pages on FB and I think you're spot on!!
    • flowersgal
      @Cherylndesigns - actually these two photos were in color (probably they were actually paintings but very realistic) so I had to use the technique on them. I have seen others in b&w but usually a bit faded. It occurred to me that it would be fun to do this exact same layout in color to see the difference in mood. So I have posted a color version in the gallery. I like the b&w/shades of gray one much better. I think it reflects the message so much more effectively.
    • cfile
      :)I love what you did here Patsy and love too that you are experimenting by popping it with the levels etc on your color page too to experiment to see which is much more effective. I am a firm believer that sometimes b/w can give you more focus, more depth and tell a better story depending on the photo. These of the Red Cloud are more dramatic to me in b/w.. perhaps because I am of the era of when a lot of movies with Indians were all in B/W :) Great page!
      flowersgal likes this.
    • mcurtt
      It is a toss up for which one is my favorite... This one is more dramatic and makes one pause...
      flowersgal likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    flowersgal
    Date:
    Oct 16, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    192 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).