weaselwatchr

collecting memories

collecting memories
weaselwatchr, Feb 1, 2021
Description:
Little Butterfly Wings Life is: Keeping Memories alive (kit)
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Life-is-Keeping-Memories-alive-bundle.html
Scrapping with Liz Modern Simple Templates
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Modern-Simple-Digital-Scrapbook-Templates.html

263 words
For as long as I could remember, I was always a memory keeper. I remember going to Springfield, Illinois for our 8th grade field trip and taking pictures there with my 110 camera. After the photos were developed, I put them in one of those sticky photo albums and wrote little captions by each photo. I suppose that’s when I started scrapping.

I always loved photography & scrapping is a great way to creatively display those photos. I love the whole process. I love the planning that goes into it. I love being able to go through my stash and find the perfect element for a layout. I love being able to create something beautiful. It is a creative outlet for me. I scrap to remember but I also scrap to forget. My job is very stressful and scrapping helps me decompress. Although if you ask my husband, he will tell you I don’t look really relaxed when PSE crashes.

I can look at my finished page and remember that moment the photo was taken, what we were doing. It’s a little snapshot of an experience frozen in time that I can relive again and again. I feel like scrapping makes my photos come to life. I remember the happy times and the not so happy times too. It can be cathartic.

I scrap for me. My husband enjoys my layouts too, but doesn’t get why photo spots are so small on templates or the point of art journaling. But he supports my hobby so I guess I scrap for the both us.
valeriapiemonte and alinalove like this.
    • HeatherB
      This is so pretty! I love the photo and love the warm happy colours here. And love your cluster and shadow work. Great page! (My DH doesn't understand small photo spots and art journaling either!)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    weaselwatchr
    Date:
    Feb 1, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    223.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).