Cherylndesigns

Christmas in July Prompt 1 "Christmas Cheer"

Christmas in July Prompt 1 "Christmas Cheer"
Cherylndesigns, Jul 20, 2018
Description:
Credits: Paisley-Press_Embrace_Your_Inner_Minimalist Travelouge Template;
jj-merry_pp_solid_09; Mommyish_farm-house_paper02; jj-merry_ep_word_happy_Holidays; jj-merry_ep_word_2017; jj-merry_ep_flair2; jj-merry_ep-frame; sahlinstudio_pm_Christmas_pins_hohoho.

{This is the Sanibel Lighthouse - they decorate every year for Christmas. It's just striking especially when the sky is such a beautiful blue color. The Santa hat hanging in our palm tree was to signify that Santa had been to our house and was in such a hurry that his had got caught on the tree and he didn't have time to back and get it.}
JennFort and MrsPeel like this.
    • bellbird
      'oh joy!' is what these pics made me say too! Love that Santa hat story and this is the first decked out lighthouse i've ever seen and i love it too!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @bellbird Thanks so much Justine! It's so pretty - they deck it out every Christmas! I wasn't going to do Christmas, but I found these pictures when I was "getting ready" for these challenges and just had to use them.
      bellbird likes this.
    • Serena
      Oh my gosh, it's sooo hard for me to wrap my head around a Christmas in summer.. I know it exists, but I've lived my whole life with Christmas = Cold. I used to "dream of a white christmas." in Texas.. and now that I'm in Minnesota.. I'm dreaming of a "less white" Christmas because there's TOO MUCH SNOW. lol. Careful what you wish for, eh? Can you imagine snow all over your Christmas tree? Great photos here!!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @Serena It's really hard to get in the Christmas spirit! I do everything I can, but it's still hard. We lived in Michigan for a while, so I relate to your winters. I'd love to live in Michigan for about a week right around Christmas, then come back here. Yes, we need to be careful what we wish for. LOL Thanks for your sweet comments.
      Serena likes this.
    • pbrooks
      I just love Christmas layouts! Great photo of the decorated light house and the Santa hat is so cute.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @pbrooks Thanks so much, Pam. That lighthouse is just beautiful anyway, but especially at Christmas.
    • MrsPeel
      oh Cheryl, what a way to start with the awesome colors, the deep feeling of light, your always awesome credits list, and the care you take in telling us what the photos are about.... I'm very much like that, because I think this helps us know each other better and therefore love the pages even more..... gorgeous start for the challenge, maybe one day I can go visit you and basque in that beautiful sun, amazing blue skies!!!!!!!![​IMG]
    • Cherylndesigns
      @MrsPeel I LOVE your sweet and thoughtful comments, Cynthia. I love to tell a little back story about what I post. I agree that it helps us get to know each other better. I had fun with that Santa hat hanging in the tree. All of the kids loved it. I would love for you to come visit some day. We can sit together and soak up those rays. :heartlub:heartlub
    • jenn mccabe
      i was thinking the same thing - how vivid the lighthouse decorated w/green and red looks agst. that blue blue sky! it's gorgeous! i love the little hat in the palms too! this came out so good - love the double page spread!
    • Cherylndesigns
      @jenn mccabe Thanks, Jenn. Yes, no filter needed for the Sanibel Lighthouse in the winter. That's when the blue skies are the most vivid!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    Cherylndesigns
    Date:
    Jul 20, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    252.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    550px
    Height:
    550px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).