kayjaydo

Caterpillars close the school!

Caterpillars close the school!
kayjaydo, Jun 18, 2018
Description:
Journalling reads:
June 2018 - Who would have thought that a tiny little caterpillar would lengthen your school holidays!
This caterpillar is called Eichenprozessionsspinner (oak procession moth) and the hairs on its back are poisonous and can cause serious allergic reactions. One of the girls from our village came into contact with the hairs and ended up with a rash on her face. The doctor had to inform the authorities and that same morning they closed the school.
And now we have to keep checking the schools website to find out if school is on or not. So far you have had 3 days off, whilst the school tries to find a firm that can get rid of the 40something nests in and around the school

Credits:
Template - Recyclables 56 by Scrapping with Liz
Flower strip - Garden Pop by Kim Jensen
Leaf - Happy Mail by Amber LaBau
Doily, dry leaf - Live for today by Dawn Inskip
Worm - Bookworms by Kate Hadfield
Wordart (Summertime) - Jars & Bloom by etc by Danyale
Tape - Shabby Couture Kit by etc by Danyale
    • keepscrappin
      WOW! I've never heard of a poisonous caterpillars, but I'm sure my kids would love to get out of school for a few days because of them. Our high school is in the path of migratory bats and we didn't get any days off, just warnings that they could be arrested if they touched the bats since they're a protected species. There were bats flying around the school and causing all kinds of chaos.
      kayjaydo likes this.
    • willimena
      What a great story! Love how you've scrapped this including a photo of the offending caterpillar. The children don't look too unhappy at missing school :)
      kayjaydo likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Member Galleries
    Uploaded By:
    kayjaydo
    Date:
    Jun 18, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    141.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).