CharlotteM

Castle_MOC_9_Day_11

Castle_MOC_9_Day_11
CharlotteM, Jan 13, 2021
Description:
MOC 9 - Tell Me a Story
...castle....
Credits:
Mixed Media April 2017 --> https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-Apr.-17-Journey-Adventurous-Crossroads.html
Photo-strip by Scrapping with Liz
577 Words
Text - translation with Google
My great-aunt bought part of a castle.
The name is Tittmoning Castle.
This castle is located in Upper Bavaria, on the border with Austria, and it is very picturesque above the small town. The first written manuscripts about the hill come from the first half of the 12th century. A very wealthy noble lineage lived there who named themselves after the name of the town "de Titemaningen. In 1234 the construction of the castle was vouched by Archbishop Eberhard II of Salzburg as protection against the strong Bavarian town Burghausen. The archbishop employed staff to administrate the castle, the court and the county.
Tittmoning is a very traditional and beautifully situated Bavarian Village
As a child, I visited them very often and it was always so incredibly exciting and exciting for me! To be able to live alone in a castle, which was so completely different from our apartment- In the castle there were very long corridors that made me a little afraid, the rooms looked huge and then all the old, sometimes very large and massive furniture that made me feel awe. Today I still have the slightly musty smell of the passages in my nose. I always got an extra room downstairs on the ground floor with a garden exit. The garden delighted me, it wasn't a garden in the classical sense, it was a real little palace park with lots of box trees. as flower beds, stone statues, stone garden benches, fountains and many roses. Ivy climbs up the house wall. There are small bay windows with stone benches on the outside wall of the garden. Small lizards often sunbathed there in summer.
The smell of boxwood has deeply impressed me, if I smell it today, I immediately feel transported back to the castle. I loved being in the garden, playing there, thinking up adventures, hiding and later, as a teenager, I enjoyed being able to read in peace outside there. The view from the castle to the small town of Tittmoning and the entire area was simply fantastic!. A long wooden bridge led to the castle and below the castle one came into the Ponlach - = the Ponlachgraben.
The moat is directly adjacent to the city wall leading up to the castle and is characterized by romantic paths, gorges and large and small springs. The Ponlachbach flows over a series of cascades through the shady, small valley.. The pilgrimage church of Maria Ponlach was built in the moat in 1717. Since the beginning of the 17th century there has been evidence of a lively Marian pilgrimage to the "Graben-Chapel" located below the current location, for which a healing spring was decisive.
Ponlach is such a magical little place, it always seemed very magical to me and I expected to see magical beings and elves, I still have the rushing water in my ears today - also the many stone formations and the wild nature.. It was wonderful to play with. The small town of Tittmoning is a very clean, very straight-cut small town with bright, beautiful houses,
It is only a few meters to walk to the large border river, the Salzach, the rock bed is very wide but relatively flat and there are hiking and cycling trails along the river. The river forms the border with Austria..
After my great-aunt died, the sons sold the castle.
I will never forget my nice visits there, my experiences, this "special" feeling.
chastml likes this.
    • ajm
      Awesome page and story! I can imagine you had some great times there, looks like a very special place!
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      Your imaginary with smells and sounds had me transported and running the halls and gardens with you! What an adventure you brought me too! Then to look upon the photos, pure magic is true!
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • Saar
      Awesome layout and story! I love the photos and that they are black and white. I love the page design and all the layers. What a beautiful layout!
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • *sylvia*
      great layout and story, just perfect
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • SeattleSheri
      I'm glad you have some good memories from the castle! What a beautifully scrapped story and page!
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • CharlotteM
      thank you very much♥
    • Amson
      What a wonderful experience to have stayed here with your Aunt. Beautifully documented.
      CharlotteM likes this.
    • bestcee
      I love your layering behind the story. The photos accent it beautifully! How neat to spend time in a castle and be able to know so much about the history. Thanks for playing in my challenge!
      CharlotteM likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    CharlotteM
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    237.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).