RJMJ

BYOC-August-Mixed Media-Pearfectly Grungy

BYOC-August-Mixed Media-Pearfectly Grungy
RJMJ, Aug 9, 2018
Description:
Wow!...This BYOC Was So Mixed Media & Totally Grungy For Me...I Mostly Used Rachel Jefferies Contribution To The BYOC But I Sprinkled In 2 Other BYOC Designers Into My Layout As Per The Rules...I Couldn't Wait To Use My New Mixed Media Pieces...

*This Layout Celebrates All That Is Urban/Grungy/Music & Of Course "Pearfect"...I Used 2 Of Rachel's Background Papers & I Blended In 2 Photos That I Had...One Of A Painted Graffiti Wall & The Other Of A Brick Wall With Giant Arrows Painted On It...They Went "Pearfectly" With The Theme & The Colors Were Also Complimentary...After That I Placed My Photos In Where I Approximately Thought They Would Go But I Actually Ended Up Moving Them Around To Different Places Before I Settled With The End Locations...I Then Added In The Faceless Head & Applied Various Effects & Treatments Until I Was Happy With It(This Took Quite A While...I Won't Lie...This Layout Took Quite Awhile To Finish Actually...) & Then I Just Started Playing With Different Kit Pieces & Different Paints...Ultimately I Decided On A Diagonal Theme Through & Through...The Photos Go Loosely On A Diagonal...One To The Left & The Other To The Right...The WA Is Also All On Diagonals & The "Power Of Threes" As I Call It Are Also Being Used In This Layout...There Are Also Multiple Arrows Drawing In The Eye To The Center Of The Layout...I Placed 3 Pears Into The Layout To Further Illustrate The "Pearfect" Theme...The DJ...The Large Headphones...The "Live Music" Sign Extraction & The Ticket Are Used To Illustrate The Music Aspect Of This Layout...After Some Further Photo Manipulation...I Was Finally Satisfied With How The Photos Looked...Then I Applied The "Paint" Effects In The 4 Corners-Ish...Once Again To Draw The Eye In To The Center But To Also Give The Layout More Balance & A More Full Effect...I Then Added The Heart...The Talk Bubble(Recolored) & The Red Pear Behind The Headphones For Effect...I Added A Few More Grungy Items From Rachel's Kit & Then I Finally I Felt Like The Layout Was Evenly Balanced & Finally Finished...*

*For My Pearfectly Grungy Layout-I Used*

*Pearfect-Mixed Media Artistry-Rachel Jefferies
*Newsworthy-Mixed Media Collages-Rachel Jefferies
*Farm Fresh-Pink Reptile Designs
*Der Zoo-Paula Kesselring
*Art Journal Jumble PAK 01-Rosey Posey Studio(1 Element)
*You Are Beautiful-Captivated Visions(1 Element)
    • HeatherB
      Wow, this is amazing! I loved reading all about your process you used to create the page. And love your layering, fantastic! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      I love reading about your creative process, too! What an amazing piece of art you created!
      RJMJ likes this.
    • Rachel Jefferies
      WOW!! And thanks for the feedback I am so happy that you fell in love with your mixed media goodies!! LOVE the explanation behind your page and all the pearfect references were too cute he he. Thank you for sharing your page for me to see! :beat
      RJMJ likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Rachel Jefferies
    Uploaded By:
    RJMJ
    Date:
    Aug 9, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    772 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).