Amson

Build a tree

Build a tree
Amson, Jan 10, 2020
Description:
Our summer here in Australia has been dominated by truly catastrophic fires. We are safe but feel so much for all those affected. And the country still burns. Just today, 2 of the major fires joined up creating an even bigger fire.

Credits:
Allison Pennington - Documented
Lynn Grieveson - Wild and Free
Rachel Jeffries - Trust the Journey Thrive, Stop and Look around

Thanks for looking!
JenEm and LynnG like this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      this is painfully beautiful, I am drawn to it, and again saddened at the loss and devastation. May things as beautiful as this page come out of the tumultuous fires in your lovely country.
    • SeattleSheri
      I love how you used the orange background to signify the fire behind the tree - very powerful. I'm so sorry to hear about the devastation that has been caused. It makes me so sad. Thinking good thoughts for you and all of those who are impacted.
    • bellbird
      This orange glow is really a symbolic colour of summer this year unfortunately, and as you said, it started so early & is set to continue - MOC is such that the fires were not an issue when I started planning this challenge & it really has gone from a joy to heart breaking & also uplifting seeing the gallery in bloom when the scenes on the news & from the backyard are the total opposite. Due to those horrendous winds, we have black leaves in our yard such as those you've created here & I think the almost ghostly (?newsprint) leaves are poignant & perfect too. I know @LynnG was here at the start of the season & that orange bkgrd really looks like it is raining embers (whether it was inspired by that or just coincidence I have no idea?) & your whole piece here is a moving representation of the loss in our beautiful part of the world & I can only wish we didn't have so much devastation as inspiration but thanks for your day 8 page
    • LynnG
      Such a powerful image. It was shocking being there even in December as @bellbird says :-(
      bellbird likes this.
    • Amson
      @bellbird We had raining embers near here in November but we have been very lucky despite drought. The paper just spoke embers to me. Yes these are the very sad colours of our summer.
      bellbird likes this.
    • KimJ
      Heartbreaking. I hope the fires can be brought under control very soon. Such a striking and powerful depiction. Beautifully done.
    • JenEm
      Such a powerful image. Fires are so destructive. I love the beautiful way you have documented this - so stark, yet striking. I have missed seeing your pages in the gallery and hope all is well with you and your family.
    • Saar
      What a stunning layout! I love how you created the tree! I love the dimension and all the colors. Beautifully done.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 8
    Uploaded By:
    Amson
    Date:
    Jan 10, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    290.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).