LynnG

Bell Family

Bell Family
LynnG, Jan 5, 2016
Description:
My father's grandparents and some of their many children.

I used:

Vintage Tape Measures

Totally Trashed the Woodwork paperpack

First Light Element pack (stag)

Walden PaperPack or Kit (patterned paper)

(All my own)
Thanks for looking :-)
KarenB, unarose7 and Cath_ like this.
    • Neverland Scraps
      I love the deer looking out from behind the photo and the layering of the paper with the background.
      LynnG likes this.
    • Cath_
      what treasure to have those photos, you joined everything to make look so pretty
      LynnG likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      oh heritage pages make me swoon...I just love the triple frame next to the full on one..very classic
    • KarenB
      Wow, those photos. Especially the one of the children - just wonderful :)
    • mcurtt
      I don't know how I missed this, I stalk the gallery for vintage photos. These are incredible! Such treasures. But you need to let us know more about Margaret & her tragic life...
    • cookingmylife
      "Some" of their many children! Oh my! Yes, Lynn...more of the story please!
      LynnG likes this.
    • LynnG
      @mcurtt @cookingmylife Saving that one for the heritage book (someday over the rainbow... etc LOL)

But potted version: she was the daughter of a servant and a rich farmer (as she always claimed but no-one really believed until I proved it with DNA). He paid for her to be brought up by a foster family. As a young teenager she went out to work as a maid and immediately fell pregnant. The lovely foster family took on the baby and she went back to work, fell pregnant again. Ten days before the baby was born the young gamekeeper on the estate married her (DNA tells us he is the father). Ten days after the baby was born he shot himself. His family took away the baby. She then married my gt-grandfather who already had several children. None of this we knew until I dug around in birth, death and marriage certificates.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @LynnG Well, it surely sounds like your great-grandmother was a character. Makes for an interesting family tree, don't you think? Thanks for sharing. :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    LynnG
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    191.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).