MrsPeel

BegYourPardon{Never Promised You a Rose Garden...}

BegYourPardon{Never Promised You a Rose Garden...}
MrsPeel, Aug 21, 2020
Description:
if you are under 50 you may not know the song , just popped in mind and I thought it fits week 3 of the Muse...
For me, sometimes going for Art Journal is that emotional process, sometimes of growth, some times of reflecting the frustration, others just love pours and is a beautiful journey...most of the time though, things come together just by visual or music or even one word, and is a light, super beautiful time of making images, color, all ft together.....a kit with a name that evokes, a special element that will mark the direction, but the ones I love the most? a song tjat may not remind of specific feelings or events, just the beautiful tune and not even knowing how it came to mind....which was this.
The song by Lynn Anderson, released in 1970,
I was 12, already more inclined to follow Genesis, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, (the list is LONG!) * other than this kind of music, but my Grandma bought me the record, you can hear it here.
and if you want to see her shinning in cowgirl pink outfit and singing it in 2011, it is also here :)
with NEW RELEASE ON SALE this weekend :
Little Butterfly Wings, Lynn Grieveson, Paula Kesselring & Rachel Jefferies:
Mixed Media Monthly Subscription M3 August 2020 : Music Speals - Main Kit

https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-Music-Speaks.html
TFL!!!
    • Trish
      beautiful artwork! I do remember that song.
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • KarenB
      Yes! I know the song. Not my sort of thing either, but it gets in your head and now I'm singing it ha! Beautiful layout too :)
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • Angela Toucan
      beautiful. I like how the bird is looking at the quote
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      @Trish it always seems to me that you are sooooo young!!! I picture you in my mind as being on your early 20s (I know it isnt the case, something to do with that amazing beautiful energy of yours... Thanks so much for being around! I should put a post together to explain how much you guys are helping me, in some cases without even knowing.... anyway, thanks!!!

@KarenB LOL I am like this sometimes with something the neighbor is listening or something Sarita mentions, a song neither of us likes but ends up in our mind and doesn't want to stop playing LOL Thanks so much, my friend, as I said to Trish, means the world to me to have you guys here making time to stop in my pages!!!!!

@Angela Toucan same as above, thank YOU so so much, we need to catch up properly, we haven't been at our best around here but Thank God holding on... we ll talk soon!!! thanks again, all of you amazing ladies!!!!!
      Trish and KarenB like this.
    • flowersgal
      I definitely qualify in the 50+ group and yes, I remember the song. It's a good reminder to us in these days on so many levels. And BTW roses have thorns... thought that would make you smile. They prick and even draw blood if we don't handle carefully. Still they are beautiful at their prime but they do fade, droop and drop their petals. I'm sure there are many lessons that we could draw from this analogy to life. Lovely art journaling page.
    • Trish
    • LynnG
      LOVE, love, love this AND also remember that on the radio all the time when I was young. Do you remember "Knock three times" as well? LOL!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    MrsPeel
    Date:
    Aug 21, 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    280.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).