jaharvey

Bear, eh?

Bear, eh?
jaharvey, Jul 31, 2018
Description:
Journaling font: Veteran Typewriter
String: Bowl-O-Rama
Template: Freebie by Scrapping with Liz
Blue-black paper behind cut-out triangles: Storyteller 2017 November - Digital Scrapbook Kit
Background paper: count the waves
Everything else: Project Mouse (World): Canada
KarenB and MrsEm like this.
    • mirjam
      Great page and great story! love your fun title!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • Mrivas
      Oh wow, that’s crazy. I don’t know what I would do if I saw a bear like that. I love the colors you used here, great page and story!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Wow! Amazing pics, amazing story. Love your title, the embellishments. This is perfect!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • cfile
      Great page and wonderful photos... for some reason the black bears are roaming into neighborhoods this year. My brother lives in the mountains of Roanoke, VA and he had a black bear is in his back yard too, pillaging the bird feeders. My brother did get a photo through the window of the bear standing on his back legs and reaching up to the garage roof line where the bird feeder was hanging. He was huge. Not sure where you live, but I am thinking the bears food sources are low and they are wandering into the residential areas looking for food. I love the leaves and Canada elements.. this is a fabulous page! Thank you for sharing!!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jaharvey
      @cfile We live near Strathcona Park on Vancouver Island, which has one of the largest populations of black bears in our province. It's not so unexpected to see a bear out hiking or even in our yard, because we have a few fruit trees and lots of wild blackberry bushes on our property. This one is likely young, because it looks to be about 200 pounds. They can get much bigger here in the Canadian provinces and in some of your states, Minnesota particularly, I think. They have an amazing memory for where they've found "snacks" before, so this one has been here before, I think. Your brother will want to watch that bird feeder! They'll look for any good food source while they're preparing for hibernation. Although I know they won't usually bother us if we don't bother them, I'm still careful and only let our dogs out for a quick pee that evening!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      @jaharvey you are right about their memory... He??? attacked the bird feeder last year and then came back again this year :) I love bears, but I will look through a window :) Thanks again for your response. I really love how your page came out!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • Justagirl
      This one jumped right out at me in the gallery perfect band of cut outs too. Fantastic page :)
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jazzmatazz
      The photos caught my attention, but the title work absolutely drew me in! LOVE that "eh!;" knew immediately you must be in Canada. I would absolutely LOVE to visit Vancouver Island! It has been on my "bucket list" for awhile, but the scenery and wildlife in your photos makes me want to visit even more. (But I'm with everyone else about keeping my distance from the bears. Beautiful to look at ...) Brilliant job on the layout!
      jaharvey likes this.
    • jaharvey
      @jazzmatazz PM me on TLP if you're ever in the area! We moved to Vancouver Island in 2011 and I haven't even begun to explore. We spend a lot of time in the summer out hiking with our dogs, so you'll see that a lot of my layouts are nature ones. I can't get enough kits for outdoorsy stuff. Glad you liked my page! I love reading the comments. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    jaharvey
    Date:
    Jul 31, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    201.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).