Mixed Media Monthly January 2018
Dawn Inskip - Hush Elements & Canvas
Copper Staples: Pink Reptile Designs - Embrace
Birch Style: Mommyish - Stylin #191 - Patterned Birch
Mommyish - Watercolor Actions
Fonts: Allegretto Script, Jimmy Sans, Maggie Mae, Special Elite
Inspiration from wendyjc MOC Day 14 layout

Journaling:
My rest days vary by when I wake up (it's heaven if I can sleep in, but that's unlikely these days). After that, though, they pretty much follow the same pattern. The first thing I do when I wake up is open the curtains. After years of living in a dark room I love to have the light pouring in as much as possible. I try to take my supplements as soon as I can, because then I need to wait 30 minutes before eating. I have so many meds now there’s no room on my nightstand! I need a long time before I’m ready to get out of bed, so I pass the time on the internet, e.g. the Faves facebook group, lately the Lilypad MOC forums. My breakfast, once I’m ready for it: SP protein powder, hemp milk, frozen bananas, cinnamon, fresh grated nutmeg. If I’m lucky I made one the night before and can just grab it & go back to bed. While I make my shake I also empty and reload the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen. After that I try to have as quiet a day as possible. I’ll update my planner, especially if it’s Monday (my designated weekly rest day). Right now I am listening to all the “Best of 2017” music lists, which is an annual tradition for me and how I find out about new music (a year behind!). I’m more clumsy when I’m super tired, banging my shins on the bed, or, in this case, trying to balance a sandwich plate on a teacup on my overfull nightstand, then making some wrong move that caused my sandwich to fling against my boxspring before landing on the floor, mustard-side down. If I find that I’m restless and keep trying to get up and clean or do projects (which happens often lately), I have to go into “enforced resting” mode. I turn on the TV and make myself get lost in it, watching episode after episode just to keep my body still and my brain from churning exhaustingly. This is hard right now because all the shows I’m excited about are for watching with E, later. At night I usually get more energy, so if I feel up for it I’ll work on a design or scrapbook project (right now it’s all Lilypad MOC, all the time). My night does go on far past the gorgeous sunsets I have here, but this seems like a good place to stop for now.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    scrumptious
    Date:
    Jan 24, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    493.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    400px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).