cfile

Adjustments (Dec Random Challenge-skill)

Adjustments  (Dec Random Challenge-skill)
cfile, Dec 5, 2016
Description:
Photo fix/adjustment skills... I decided to try LR again... I really wanted to fix a few photos and my hubby asked me about LR so I spent time again to fix a few photos.. My husband was amazed...(Photo is of my brother as a child).. I am really glad I have this skill as I have a lot of old slides that I want to fix due to bad lighting, dust etc. to preserve for my nephew for years to come as they are of his Dad and our family.
Credits:
Dawn Inskip | Be Amazing - Elements https://the-lilypad.com/store/Be-Amazing-Elements.html
Dawn Inskip | Be Amazing - Paper https://the-lilypad.com/store/Be-Amazing-Papers.html
Kim Jensen | Winter Solstice Paper & Overlays https://the-lilypad.com/store/Winter-Solstice-Papers-Overlays.html
font: The Dry Ribbon and 2Peas Ditzy
dawninskip and MrsPeel like this.
    • jk703
      What an adorable, and wonderful restoration! I loved reading about the process and all that you do to restore the photo! I love showing my DH and boys how something works, and I've amazed them! (Mine was content aware. :giggle) Perfect BG for the photo, too - kind of works with the journaling, thinking like a change as the gradient.
      cfile likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      oh my future task! yikes, I love that you got such good color fix. The skin color is near perfect (to my untrained eye) and I know that it is painstakingly tedious to do this work also. That his little fingers now show up is really awesome!
      cfile likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Wow, what an amazing job at restoring the slide. You've got the skin tone spot on! That is such a talent and oh so time consuming but so worth the effort!
      cfile likes this.
    • cfile
      thank you @jk703 Jenn, @AnneofAlamo Anne, and @HeatherB Heather! Jenn, I too love content aware and use that alot when there is wires involved! Hubby is amazed all the time... he just shakes his head if I try and explain.. LOL Thank you all for you sweet comments.. I love the old photos/slides.. sometimes if it is real bad I have no choice but to change to b/w! LOL !! Thanks again!
      jk703 likes this.
    • LynnG
      Wow, great job. And a great idea to scrap this as well. I have a tonne of bright orange 1980s photos that I will need to tackle soon ...
      cfile likes this.
    • adriablack
      Amazing restoration and dedication on your part! I have negatives and slides from college (10 years ago) when I was doing photography and I was never patient enough to deal with removing the dust, let alone any other kind of editing! Beautiful page! I love the details and steps that you included in your journaling. And those hearts are gorgeously shadowed.
      cfile likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      you know, a couple of years ago, I read an article where they told us never to throw away a photo...because Photoshop has actually developed techniques to fix almost everything...no more blurred photos even...and every time I see your pages, I keep thinking I should learn Photoshop.... my tired brain quickly gives up...but I keep getting amazed with your pages, each and every time.... gorgeous photo, great that you are sharing this and so great that you are able to preserve your family history.... love this.
      I know I haven't been much around, I ll write later and try catch up as soon as possible Huge huggzz[​IMG]
      cfile likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Random Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    cfile
    Date:
    Dec 5, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    206.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).