dotcomkari

8 Months

8 Months
dotcomkari, Jan 13, 2016
Description:
Sahlin Studio: Documentary, I'll Love you Forever, Ephemera Stacks, Grandma's Dresser, Autumn Afternoon Flowers, A Wonderful Day
Sahlin Studio and One Little Bird: Fresh
Heather Joyce: The Heather A, The Good Friend

Scraplift for MOC 11

My darling Asia Rae. One more month to go….You will never know how wanted you truly were. Never ever let anyone tell you that you were a mistake. How could I have not wanted you? I longed for you. Of course, it wasn't that way with your father.. it wasn’t you he didn't want - it was a third child. The dilemma is common. Two children is a neat, even number and I had already been blessed with a girl (my firstborn) and then ,the Kman, a boy. I loved them and felt fulfilled but I longed for another child to love. Your daddy on the other hand was finished and even planned an appointment to get snipped! (yikes) Two kids were enough for him.
It felt greedy to want more, and I convinced myself that I had better quit while I was ahead. But I did not want to give up….and daddy and I argued bitterly at times. After almost 6 months of trying to convince daddy and him having an appointment booked for his big surgery, I finally gave up. I remember the terror I felt the day the blue line appeared on the test kit. The day before your father was suppose to get snipped. Thanksgiving. I was pregnant. I was 100% sure. I was excited, but feared what daddy would think. At first he wasn’t happy, but after an hour in the bathroom screaming he came out and said, “well its done… lets do this.” My swelling belly is proof of the months that have gone by. We have started to prepare for your arrival. The nursery is set up, after months of fighting over a name , it is finally chosen and your siblings are excited to have a new little person to play with! In fact it was your sister who got to announce to us that you were a girl on Valentines day! (even though I had sensed you were a girl for months before that!)
8 months have passed now and while daddy still isn’t 100% excited, yet I want you to know that I love you more than you will ever know. One more month till your due date. A whole 30 days to wait. It totally seems unreal baby girl to love something as deeply and madly as I love you. I look now at the your siblings and love them more because you are with us. I am saddened knowing you will be my last, but look forward to the years I will get to share with you. The love of a family is life’s greatest gifts my darling little baby girl, and I want you to know there is nothing mommy in this world mommy wouldn’t do for you. Let the count down to your arrival begin. See you soon. ? Mommy
sahlink likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      all that journaling! you know i totally thought this was for MOC 8 or 9 or today's (13) ... and then i realized it was you Kari. this is your norm! :) you are amazing! and this is gorgeous!
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • bjc
      beautiful page and amazing journaling..i appreciate your candor in the journaling and know the minute your husband holds her he will completely forget he how he ever felt before ...just saw the date... guess you have your baby and he has forgotten ( hopefully) how he used to feel and is in love . enjoy your family ..i am thinking about lifting this for my daughter who is having a baby next month

love all the embellishments...just perfect
      dotcomkari likes this.
    • sahlink
      Such a beautiful layout Kari!! So heartfelt!! I love the "letter" styled writing, and the photos are adorbs!!
    • Karen
      Congratulations! You gorgeous layout has been spotlighted in a special edition post of MOC Spotlighting on the Lilypad Blog today. :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Sahlin Studio
    Uploaded By:
    dotcomkari
    Date:
    Jan 13, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    230.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).