MrsPeel

2023MOC11-010_

2023MOC11-010_
MrsPeel, Jan 11, 2023
Description:
MOC11 Day 10- Photos + Words
I had made a page that was full of elements...then I thought maybe it should only be the photos and words, so I went for a different avenue.... one of the few times in which I like a page of mine that has almost no elements!!! Thanks Lori for this!!!!!
November 2018- at the airport, waiting for the flight back home from 3 days in Malta, which taught us that NO WAY we are going anywhere for less than 5 days!
Journaling reads:
A lesson well learned, our trip to Malta...Mum was coming over November 2014, we were told by Jose the dates and we knew we wanted to take her somewhere, so, as we do, got started looking on the coupon, offer web sites. One of the first offers to turn up was Malta, 3 days return flights, accommodation (2 choices and both were gorgeous!) and all transfers included, I didn't’ look passed that...I decided on the spot this is where we ere going! We have history with Malta (one of my brothers in law is half Maltese, they took Andy to Malta when we first started going out) and best of all Vivi aka Nemla is there!!! I got so excited that I would finally be able to have a coffee,, give her a hug and have a good laugh together in real time!!!!!
The deal was 3 days in Malta for £139 per person,. Wowcher shopping was easier than I thought, I was able to call the agency for info before paying to make sure we could get what we really wanted, but, of course, when sorting out the dates, it was obvious that the flight times would eat a day of our holiday, ended up paying an extra £6 per person for changing flights, then added breakfast which was another £6 per person. But all these was not a problem, still it all came under £150 each,& as Nadia was coming it worked
perfectly well , got a small apartment, fabulous if we wanted to stay long more than amazing for the time we spent...the issue came of the fact that 3 days on the state of health Mum and I were (are!) didn't work worth the amount of stress one goes through airports, the cabs to get there, the waiting around, the searching of luggage, so tiring! Oh I could keep going for hours! In this one, there was the dreadful story about how they almost didn't’t; let me back in the country because even though she had them both in her hands, Sarita was so tired (this was almost 2 am and the whole lot of the airport had been cleared out,) she forgot I told her to show both passports.... long story short...it took the officer asking if I didn't have another passport...and, of course, he found my full on visa. People react surprised that I don't have British
citizenship, but every time I wanted to go for it, the money was enough to get us both flying to see the family, and then the test (which in my current neurological state would be not an easy task. Anyway, the break was wonderful, the resort was exactly as advertised, that Cave Bar was magical, the view of the Monastery... we did a whole day tour and shopped in Valetta, spent time with Vivi & Tony and then last day Vivi came back, we even had a go at a Turkish haman (Turkish baths, massage), ate heavenly food...but
again, the stress Sarita had to go to confirm the flights, the exhaustion of trying to do everything in 3 days....This is definitely a very strong lesson learned... NO WAY to 3 days!!!! minimum 5 days like we used to! (have to say again, the trip was so well worth it, would do it all over again!!!!!!

made with
Lynn Grieveson : Bemused Kit
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Bemused-Kit.html
TFL!!!
lcpereyra, mcurtt and KarenB like this.
    • flowersgal
      I couldn't agree with you more. Air travel becomes more and more of a hassle these days. And it takes a lot of stamina to endure. Sounds like your time there, though short, was a lot of fun. Good choice of photos to illustrate your story.
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • LynnG
      Oh boy, I relate. DH always suggests 'short breaks' but increasingly I have no patience for all the time and effort taken for the payoff. Give me day trips or at least several days! Glad the trip was still fun though. :-)
      MrsPeel likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      thanks so much, ladies, I think it has become a lot more stressful in the past 10/15 years... I remember I used to love traveling, flying, I mean, the whole thing was part of the adventure....even with Sarita baby or toddler....we would enjoy the process....these days.... I wish trains were cheaper because I would go by train everywhere...!!! If I ever win the lottery, my dream trip : the whole route of the Orient Express!!! Venice & Istanbul!!! @flowersgal @LynnG
    • lcpereyra
      Gorgeous layout - your words are such a beautiful design element (love the font!) as well as so eloquent and great storytelling! I love your creation for this challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pollywog Team Layouts
    Uploaded By:
    MrsPeel
    Date:
    Jan 11, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    304.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).