easyeyes4you

2022-Grandma's-China

2022-Grandma's-China
easyeyes4you, Mar 6, 2022
Description:
One of my first jobs was at Old National Bank... One day a co worker brought information about buying china sets directly from Japan... Most of us being young Bride’s we all signed up as well as friends and family... My Mom decided to join us ....The sets each had 100 pieces for the amazing price of $25! and there was a large selection of patterns to choose from. It was an interesting experience getting to deal with Customs, etc... But eventually all the sets safely arrived...

In the mid 90’s as my Mom was considering who to leave all her prized possesions to, the China was one she wanted to go to someone special... Not sure she ever asked anyone what they might want? It was determined the China would go to Blake and Wendy. ...and that was the last I thought about it till a few years later. I was at Christopher’s house and dinner was served on Mom’s China!!! I was a bit surprised that he had it and decided I must have confused in my mind who was to get it... I was a bit taken back that it was being used as every day dinnerware, but also pleased that it was actually being used, and loved...
A piece of the past!!!!

When I saw this kit, I knew it was perfect to document the story of the China and I texted Chris for photos of it, which he promptly sent... I wanted a few more with the family using it and learned that , there was actually very little of it left... The years had taken a toll...
As our conversation about it continued, it took an unexpected turn!... Chris said, he had actually rescued it, from being a donation... It seems my original thought was correct... Blake and Wendy had been the recipients, and it was NOT
their thing and so they were quietly
going to donate it... Chris jumped in and said,
he wanted it... and thus it became
a much used and loved thing in his home...
This morning he staged the photo with a close up of the pattern and an
inquisitive kitty.....

lgrieveson_unexpected_tp

lgrieveson_best_china kit

khadfield_spiralboundalpha

paulakesselring_sewyou_papers (8) (oops) Thought this was Lynns bought both kits at teh same time an dall in one folder)
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    easyeyes4you
    Date:
    Mar 6, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    255.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    650px
    Height:
    650px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).