CaroB71

2021_MOC_02_Why IScrap

2021_MOC_02_Why IScrap
CaroB71, Jan 5, 2021
Description:
Products: Mixed Media Monthly Dec 2020 https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-Dents-And-Scratches.html
Alpha is from Mixed Media Monthly Nov 2020
https://the-lilypad.com/store/Mixed-Media-Monthly-A-Harvest-of-Memories.html

Journalling (396 words):
Why do I scrap? It’s a question I’ve considered a number of times over the last 15 years. It started out as a hobby back in 2005. I needed a creative outlet and digital scrapbooking seemed like a great idea. It was relatively low-cost in terms of supplies, and the bonus was I’d be documenting our memories… Well the scrapping bug bit and soon I was teaching myself Photoshop and trying out new techniques. I even went through a phase of creating my own kits! (Boy do I cringe when I look back at those LOL!).

A couple of years down the line, the focus slowly shifted… I found myself on a few designer and store creative teams and suddenly scrapping wasn’t that much fun anymore… Trying to balance a full time job, CT scrapping responsibilities and being a mom and wife was hard work! I scaled right back on my CT gigs and committed to creating exclusively for one store. Things balanced themselves out again and I was happy – creating pages and making digi-friends brought me so much joy…

But then, towards the end of 2014 I found that I was really struggling to scrap. It was like my creative mojo up and left. I found myself comparing my layouts and the number of gallery comments I’d get to everyone else on the CT, and I felt like I just wasn’t that good anymore. I was stuck in a rut and I’d stopped learning and trying new things. And so I resigned from my only store CT role and stopped scrapping.

Fast forward to late 2019 when I suddenly felt the urge to start scrapping again. Maybe it was the Covid-19 lockdown that got me thinking about documenting our memories again? Maybe it was the need to express myself creatively? I googled digi scrapping stores and landed at The Lilypad and a few days later I knew I’d found my digi scrapping home! I got stuck into to the challenges and brushed up on some scrapping technique’s and soon I was having loads of fun. And then along came the 2021 MOC and I knew I had to give it a bash – the idea of stretching my imagination and trying things out of my comfort zone was really appealing.

So, in answer to the question, “why do I scrap?”… well it’s a work of he-art!
    • LynnG
      This is a stunner, and I love your journaling so much :-)
      CaroB71 likes this.
    • CindyB
      This is beautifully done, especially the title :) Loved reading your journal and your journey through scrapping. Glad you're doing it for the love of it again.
      CaroB71 likes this.
    • HeatherB
      Love your title work. And love the journaling. Glad you are back at this hobby and enjoying it!! Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
      CaroB71 likes this.
    • Saar
      What a beautiful page design and awesome take on the challenge.
      CaroB71 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    CaroB71
    Date:
    Jan 5, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    227.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).