easyeyes4you, Aug 24, 2021
Part of the recording of my friend Dennis's visit. Sinc ehe was already identified, I did not include his mane here, just continued the conversation...

Since he has billed himself as a “Jack of all trades” and wonderful Handyman capable of fixing anything, I decided to see if he would help me re upholster my favorite recliner desperately in need of help! I loved it and thought it worth the effort to recover it.. Rodger and I had recovered a Lazy boy Recliner many years ago , and I thought with his knowledge base, this was going to be an easy peasy project.. as I told him, 2 days at most... He arrived mid day on the 17th, and we spent the next 2 days tearing it down... He had a problem removing the staples, and spent the better part of 2 weeks working on this... in the meantime I could not do any cutting and sewing until the pieces were off to be patterns. We took many photos and videos of the deconstruction process and along the way, I discovered a great You Tube video. 1 1/2 hours long. It was well done, easy to follow and very complete... I learned a lot about the process from that video.

Monday found us back at our project... We worked on it for another 8 days before I
sent him home...
It was not long before he announced that he was coming back for more wood... I was pleased that he had a reason other than me to come my way again, because I had re sewn the cover and was sure it was going to fit this time... he stopped on his way to Lewiston... Sadly it still was not right, so he went on his way again... a day or so later, he was back.. headed home and by then I had sewn another version... Sadly it did not fit right either and again I sent him home... In total I resewed that cover at least 4 times... the last time, tearing it almost all the way apart and measuring each piece carefully...

Wanting to get another load of wood, he was back again on May 1. We worked most of the day on it and finally finished it on
Sunday May 2!!!!
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it would take us 6 1/2 weeks to complete my little “2 days at the most ”project. .

Image top left is the chair before we began... note the holes in the wood of the foot rest and the cat scratch fraying in the back. The fabric was so old it almost disintegrated.

pencil font Back to School
KAagard_Handywoman kit
    • CharlotteM
      First of all, congratulations on completing this project so successfully - even if it took a lot longer. Often the journey is the goal and I think it was an important time for you-
      your page is so beautiful, everything is perfectly placed
    • Eyeore
      Wow, a wonderful labour of love, I so love the process you documented, I love the pink colour scheme and the messy threads. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge so beautifully this month.
    • Angela Toucan
      brilliant set of photos and storytelling.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Inspiration Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    Aug 24, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

    EXIF Data

    File Size:
    256.3 KB
    Mime Type:

    Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).