easyeyes4you, Oct 5, 2021
Description:
lgrieveson_just_this_1 template
Background paper from my stash
lgrieveson_richmond_glass_berries & flowers
lgrieveson_turning_around_flower_5 ^ 4
trekmom and meganmecrazy like this.
    • meganmecrazy
      What an amazing journaling page!! I love the rich earthy colors and the way you placed the photos. Amazing job!!!
    • trekmom
      This page is so lush and beautiful. I wish I could read the whole story.
    • garrynkim
      Just a great journaling page! I love the photos too!
    • swtonscrappn
      Great example of a journaling layout! I can really appreciate this!
    • easyeyes4you
      @trekmom The text is a bit boring... just all that happened... but here it is...
      Dennis Rodenburg and I met through Match.com on October 24, 2017. He lives in Reno. At that time he was a fairly new widower, searching for a woman to give up everything and come live with him and let him take care of her. His main criteria was she had to be beautiful!. At that time he had already been remarried twice! Both times to the same woman.... A beautiful green eyed blond. and she was still a part of his life... I watched him explore many possible relationships and finally started coaching him on pursuing Peggyanna... I figured if they had tried twice and she was still a part of his life, there must be something there... They eventually married for a 3rd time and that was the end of our correspondence until the end of January 2021. He saw the photos of my gazebo that collapsed in the snow storm and wrote his condolences, and informed me, that just the week before Peggyanna had walked out on their marriage for the 3rd time, after 17 months this time. And thus we began communicating again... As usual he had another trip to Lewiston to visit the Hills planned... Dave was a college friend and they are very close. We were well on the way to everyone getting their Covid Vaccine. He got his 2nd shot on March 13, and we planned for him to come on the 17th... St. Patrick’s Day. We spent Thursday starting to tear down the recliner he had agreed to help me recover, then we headed out to Lewiston on Friday, and had an enjoyable time with the Hills... He and Dave went target shooting , while Francine and I headed into Lewiston looking for the Hotel/ Bar that Pats parents had once owned... then on to Weaverville for what turned out to be some serious shopping. I bought Shoes, pants, and a yard sculpture for Julia. Sat night we had dinner at the Moose, and Sunday we went to the little community church and then to dinner at the Golf Club in Weaverville... then we headed home... Monday found us back at our project... We worked on it for another 8 days before I sent him home... When he was not busy prying staples out of the chair, he did a bunch of “Honey Do” jobs... He surprised me by cleaning out the track for the screen door in the laundry room.. It had gotten filled with leaves and did not retract all the way... at my request he also fixed the door knob and lock on that door ... The guy who installed it , left it not working correctly, dead bolt, not lined up, etc... So nice to have that working as it should... While he was here I decided to take advantage of his willingness to help and ordered a new fan for the Family room.. I never liked the huge dark palm leaves on the fan I put there a few years ago... Wanted white, with a good bright light. While at Home Depot shopping for things for the chair we picked up a new toilet seat for the guest bathroom which he installed. My replacement smoke detector arrived during his first visit and he installed it... Helped me remove a large succulent from a pot and re planting in the yard... It didn’t survive the stress of beign moved, but there are babies left behind. Also on the long list of little things, was his attempt to get the Nest door camera doorbell to ring... unsuccessfully. He fixed the knob on the coat closet door, that was a struggle to open, and attached a new latch on the screen slider in my bedroom, albeit incorrectly... He got a 3rd low voltage light installed that had had a broken clip on it when Steve went to install it... and helped me with installing 2 new drips to water the Portulaca. I am sure I have forgotten some of the things he did for me... It was such a nice feeling to have someone fix all the non functional broken things.... He also removed the broken off Eucalyptus tree from Perry;s side of the fence and eventually cut it up into the waste bin.. It was obvious yard work was not something he wanted to do, although he did want to get the chain saw out and prune a few things... thus he removed a few limbs from the Cat mint Tree, and did some other pruning... this because I was busy sewing the cover... it took me 4 tries to get it right, and 3 more visits from him.. Of course he was loading wood in Lewiston each trip so he was not coming just for me. In the end it took us 6 1/2 weeks to complete the chair project, but i am so happy with it.

My birthday fell during this time period, and he treated me royally.. We went to dinner at Pete’s Brew House which had opened during covid. I was anxious to give it a try. the steak we had was superb! He brought me a card and a gorgeous bouquet of bright orange flowers. The kids surprised me with a Zoom conference and he participated in that. Before he left I took him to diner at The Cattlemans, his favorite spot in Redding.

When we talked about him coming and staying in the guest room I was not at all sure how this would play out.. assuming that like most people he was an early riser, and I have never been keen on sharing the space under my roof... So I was totally amazed to find our schedules were very similar, and we were very compatible... He is quiet and polite, agreeable and and non aggressive, a no drama kind of guy. I found I actually enjoyed his company... This totally blew me away... In all honesty, I have never lived with a man before, in a normal sense of the word.

Another surprise for me, was having to actually learn how to use the sewing machine I bought to replace the Pfaff when it died and hated ... turns out you actually have to read the book and follow instructions, nothing is like any other machine I have used... No wonder I was frustrated! So happy to be able to sew again, when needed.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    easyeyes4you
    Date:
    Oct 5, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    255.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).