easyeyes4you

2021-MOC-day-12-Journaling-Notebook-Jan-9-12

2021-MOC-day-12-Journaling-Notebook-Jan-9-12
easyeyes4you, Jan 17, 2021
Description:
Chris called on Friday to let me know he had made Lemon sorbet with the lemons I sent at Christmas time and said he wished he had more.... I realized that Bill had a tree full that he was looking for a home for. So it was arranged that I would go over Saturday morning to get some to send to Alaska.

Headed to Bills a little after noon, returned home with the lemons packaged them up and it was off to the PO to mail them! That done I popped into a couple of stores looking for a blanket I was interested in getting.

Ended up at TJ MAXX where they were having their annual clearance sale... the tables full of sale things went on forever! Spent a few hours shopping there.... Could not believe I spent the whole $100 GC Teana gave me , plus another $13 out of my pocket... So many Great deals! They rarely have a sale.

Todays Challenge at The Studio was to make a snowman. My brain immediately went to a photo of Julia and Blake when they were quite young standing proudly beside one they had made... Crystal clear in my memory, I had no idea what date??? and since I have scrapped recently 1961 through 1972 I had to have put it in there, but no memory... I looked through those pages on the computer and could not see it... looked through the scanned images in the Working folder and then pulled the original albums off the shelf and went through them... Went to bed heartsick thinking I had somehow lost that photo!

Got up normal time frame... normal start to day , and decided the first thing on the days agenda needed to be a conversation with Julia since we had not talked for a few days... Had no idea if I had shared with her about getting the real vaccine??? I have been weird about disclosing this, not functioning like I normally do... Was excited to share my purchases yesterday with Teana, but have not even taken them out of the bags! Texted Julia that I was going to call in a bit, still struggling with the missing photo... Was going to pick her brain , when I realized, OMG... She has her own copies of those years... So I asked her to look in her personal albums for that image while waiting for me to be ready for our conversation... almost immediately she texted me the image I was looking for... and the date was on it. Turned out it was taken in ‘67 and I had started looking in ’68... images from ‘67 filed away in a permanent storage file... and I had just totally missed it on the page in the most recent albums where it appeared...

So now that I had the image I wanted it was time to create the page... that of course took a few hours.

I did take an hour or so to tear the garage apart and get the boxes down and ready for all the household Christmas Decor. anice called around 7 and another hour + down the drain...

Went to the computer and actually spent awhile on FB Had been around 6 weeks since I spent any time there... much to get caught up on.

Finished off the day trying to get caught up on TV... (truly a lost cause) Knitting bright yellow lemon Scrubbies so time in front of the TV is not wasted time.

Today I picked Cat up at Subaru. She took me to lunch ...outside... Temps in the low 50’s with lots of sunshine. Learned that the restaurants in town ARE offering inside dining... I had thought all restaurants were shut down to this!

Went right back home and got the inside Christmas decorations into the boxes , and ready to be put away. Before I was done with this , I got a surprise phone call from Cathy... high points of our 90 minute conversation were she and most of her family has Covid and her ex husband who has been a best friend to her for 40 years had died from it! So sad. This is the closest Covid has come to my personal circle of friends!

By now it was dark, and nap time. Then dinner of leftover portion of sandwich from lunch , then off to the computer... Today's challenge at The Lily Pad , a lengthy story journaled, is just too much for my mind right now... could not focus on what I wanted to talk about... Did finish the white page challenge at The Studio. Watched TV till 3 AM, then off to bed!

Tuesday January 12, 2021 Up a little after 9, finished watching the View from yesterday... The ladies there are well informed on current events and quite varied in their opinions... When I want the nitty gritty of the current events, I watch them... but not every day. Came to the computer to check out an item they had mentioned and got caught up in checking out challenges for today... figured to get started with this one , while my brain was still working! Planing to go to Ross and TJ Maxx later today with returns... and finish returning the house to its normal decor. There is also a pile of things I need to glue back together...need to get that done and need my mind to be clear to do it correctly!

KimJensen_Notebook-2021MOC_blank
rjefferies-mlu-1-paintedpapers-5
lauraburger_FYI_stitch6
dinskip_curves_doodles1
rebecca_CubbageCoo_GreeneryDrip6
rjefferies-citron-mma-oranges
rjefferies-rituals-evening-paint02
rebecca_CubbageCoo_PhotoFrameLight2
rebecca_CubbageCoo_PhotoFrameLight1
rebecca_CubbageCoo_PhotoFrameLight3
rebecca_CubbageCoo_WCBrushstrokes
rebecca_CubbageCoo_ScribbleSwirls
rebecca_CubbageCoo_Dotties
rjefferies-letitgo-mma-paint03
rjefferies-citron-mma-paint01
rjefferies-citron-miscmm-cracklepaints-06
rjefferies-citron-mma-paint02
rjefferies-citron-miscmm-cracklepaints-02
rjefferies-letitgo-mma-messythread
rjefferies-citron-mma-textureoverlay01
rjefferies-citron-mma-stamp02

rjefferies-citron-mma-lemons03c
rjefferies-amazingthings-mma-collage01b
rjefferies-rituals-afternoon-paint01
CD_Oh Happy Day_s alpha
rjefferies-citron-mma-paperfoliage01b
rjefferies-amazingthings-miscmm-12
rjefferies-amazingthings-mma-flower09b
rjefferies-amazingthings-mma-flower09
APennington_MakersGonnaMake_Paint
APennington_MakersGonnaMake_Paint (b)
rjefferies-citron-mma-wordar‘t““03
rjefferies-citron-miscmm-collage02
rjefferies-letitgo-mma-paperpiece06
rjefferies-rituals-afternoon-wordbitb
rebecca_CubbageCoo_BranchCollage4
an-fresh-clip
dinsk_core_essentials_stash_charm
CD_PartySpot.pngX3
chastml and nhudao like this.
    • Sokee
      I ADORE how artsy your diary is! Give it a week and when you come back you might feel different as you had spent so long making it that might be effecting the way you feel. I'm so happy you found the photo you were looking for! Your diary entries are AMAZINGLY written! Thank you so much for playing along with my MOC challenge. I hope you have been having fun!
    • FL-Karen
      Im in love with this!! The journaling, the number of different pieces used, the realistic feel... beautifully done!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    easyeyes4you
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    256.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).