tlcd1961

2021-01-02-WhyIScrapWEB

2021-01-02-WhyIScrapWEB
tlcd1961, Jan 10, 2021
Description:
332 Words
ForeverJoy Designs - Unwritten
Digital Scrapbooking Kit - UNWRITTEN | ForeverJoy Designs (the-lilypad.com)
Kim Jensen – Chipboard alphabet Soup
Chipboard Alphabet Soup by Kim Jensen (the-lilypad.com)
I discovered paper scrapbooking in 1996. I had been hearing about “acid free” paper for a few months. I knew my old photo albums were crumbling. I was in Walmart in Phoenix and decided to see what kind of photo albums that they had. There was another lady there who kept looking over at me. We finally met eyes and I said, “I kind of wish I had never heard the term acid free!” She just happened to be a Creative Memories consultant. She invited me to her next crop and the rest is history!
In 2006 I discovered Photoshop Elements and took my first class. What an eye opener! Suddenly I realized I could create a page once and make copies of it for my boys’ books. That was a real game changer for me. 25 million classes and later and I am still learning! Love this hobby!
Why do I scrapbook? I want my children and grandchildren to know a little bit about who I am and what was important to me. I would give anything to have memories from my parents and grandparents instead of a lot of unlabeled photographs! What was happening in those photos? Who are they? Will I ever figure it out?
I want my children to remember small moments from their childhood as well as the major events. I want to be able to leave them messages and tell them how I felt. I want them to see what I looked like (the good and the bad) as I was growing up. I want them to know what their grandparents and great-grandparents looked like as well as having a bit of information about them and their lives. It is a way of recording our rather normal family in a way that is hopefully fun. I like to record the good times as well as the sad ones.
I mainly want them to know that I lived and that I loved them with all my heart.
chastml and mary kate like this.
    • mary kate
      That "Why Not?" flair is too clever, and I love your journaling here. Memory-keeping for our children and grandchildren, while having loads of fun with our hobby!
    • HeatherB
      Loved reading your journaling. Pretty cool that you met that CM consultant by chance! Love the pops of yellow against the neutrals and love that doodled heart. Great page! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!
    • Saar
      Oh this is stunning! I love your page design and all the details. Beautiful work.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 9
    Uploaded By:
    tlcd1961
    Date:
    Jan 10, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    108.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).