Credits:
etc by Danyale - Wanderer: background paper
Just Jaimee - Digital Travelers Notebook: template/layout
Just Jaimee - Tiny Joy: elements
Lynne Grieveson - Long Days, Warm Nights: papers, elements
Mommyish - Spring Rain: clip
Sabrina’s Creations - Do it for Yourself: tabs

Journaling: (291 words)
Growing up in St. Louis, with a dad who loved baseball, it was inevitable that we would become Cardinal Baseball fans. My dad passed his love of the sport on to all of us, most especially my brother. They would attend a few games together every year; I love this photo of them in front of the new Busch stadium.
In years when the Cards made the championship, there was never a game missed - either in person or by watching on TV. And the year when the Cards would come back from seeming defeat because of the rally squirrel, my dad would attentively watch the game, making sure his rally squirrel was by his side to cheer the team on. Even after I moved away from home to Minnesota, I never lost my love for the sport or the team.
When my dad passed away, all us kids were there at the house with him. After he took his last breath, I found myself on the back deck by the pool. I called my husband to pass on the news and then just stayed outside to breathe and think of happy memories. As I was looking out into the yard, a cardinal landed in the tree right outside my dad’s bedroom window. At that moment, I knew that Dad was happy, pain free, and moving on to a place where the Cardinals always win the game.
  • There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 7
    Uploaded By:
    rlucasmn
    Date:
    Feb 2, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    124 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).