mcurtt

2019-LOD#37_Designed-by-Soco_web

2019-LOD#37_Designed-by-Soco_web
mcurtt, Mar 21, 2019
Description:
Credits: Designed by Soco: Hope Template, Remember.
Trish and Dalis like this.
    • Dalis
      I love poppies, we used to have an area where they were wild but construction took care of that.
      Soco and mcurtt like this.
    • mcurtt
      @Dalis When we were in Sweden, poppies were growing wild like dandelions. We stayed with a farming family, and they considered poppies to be weeds and a nuisance. Never!
      Dalis likes this.
    • Soco
      I love poppies too! And yours look just great with the mini kit colors! I love how you mixed the papers! Thank you, Marilyn!!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Dalis
      @mcurtt OMG, no!! Poppies are one of my favorite flowers EVER!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      What a beautiful layout and story. Did all three of your uncles come home? What a horrible time that must have been. Two of my uncles served in WWII, but one of them was a bombardier and their plane was shot down somewhere over Germany.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @Cherylndesigns Thank you. Yes, all three came back home. The oldest (there were four boys) was allowed to stay with the parents & his sister (my mother). I guess they didn't recruit everyone, just in case there were fatalities. Two were in the Army, one was in the Army (but in the Air Force division). It wasn't until after WWII that the Air Force split from the Army. All of them earned battle stars. My Uncle Ted was an infantryman and was in four battles (the most of the brothers): Aleutian Islands, Battle of the Bulge, Rhineland, and Central Europe.
    • Cherylndesigns
      @mcurtt That's so wonderful that they all came back. I think you're right - they didn't normally take all of the boys in one family. My dad didn't have to go. My uncle who lost his life was in the Air Force division and the other was in the Navy. My Uncle who was in the Navy served on a massive aircraft carrier and they were in the Pacific. Their ship was in a terrible monsoon and they didn't think they'd survive.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • heathert
      Soco and mcurtt like this.
    • mcurtt
    • Karen
      What a gorgeous page and congratulations on the GSO! :) I'm so happy to read that all the boys came back from the war too! I loved reading you story in your journaling too. :)
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Designed by Soco
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Mar 21, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).