mcurtt

2019-03_March-TLP_Slow-Scrap_0322_duotone_web

2019-03_March-TLP_Slow-Scrap_0322_duotone_web
mcurtt, Mar 22, 2019
Description:
Credits: Lynne-Marie - Firm Foundations #8. Paula Kesselring - M3 July 2016. Little Butterfly Wings - M3 March 2016. Pink Reptile Designs - M3 My Selfie and I. Etc by Danyale - Life In Color.
KarenB likes this.
    • SharLamb
      ooooo....I love your bright take on this. Too late...I already posted one, but I may scraplift yours if it works in another challenge sometime.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      SharLamb likes this.
    • flowersgal
      So dramatic on the black background. So much more creative than mine. However I cannot read your journaling on the dark background but would have liked it in white or a brighter color to see.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @flowersgal Thanks! I am sure it will render fine when I'm printing it. I specifically didn't want it white as I thought it would be too glaring. Anyway, here is the journaling if you'd care to read it:

For as long as I’ve known John, he’s loved his guitars. This led him to join the musician’s union, to work 70+ jobs a year, performing every single weekend. He was in an 18 piece jazz band for many years, but he always loved getting together with a smaller group of musicians. And so FREEDOM was born, the band you see here. There was change in the group, people left, new people joined. But these guys stayed around long enough to have their photo taken. L to R: Keith, Mike, John, Mike, Cal. - February 6, 1990
    • Ferdy
      ohhh...the colors you choose, this is so cool! it looks like the CD cover, very great take on the duotone! I loved to read the journaling, thanks for posting in your comment!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Cherylndesigns
      This is so awesome, Marilyn!!! You two are such a team of creativity - he's such a musical genius and you're such an artistic genius. I LOVE seeing this collaboration. :bk:bk:bk
      mcurtt likes this.
    • michelepixels
      I love your duotone color choices!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • willimena
      This is effective! Your choice of photo works so well with your title and this technique. Did you use an alpha or font? It fits so well with the theme!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @willimena Thank you. It is a font, called Bauhaus 93, originally set at 400 pts. It is chunky but a bit shorter than I needed to cover my image. So I did the unthinkable & transformed & stretched it so that it was taller. I also had to manipulate the "n" a bit as it wasn't covering as well as I'd like. So that one I stretched horizontally as well.
    • cookingmylife
      @mcurtt I think your page is one of the best uses of duotone. The dark background gives a purpose for the text colors. I too did the 'unthinkable' and stretched my font to be taller. We do what we must even if it's not what we're taught!
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Mar 22, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    240.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).