mnjenlittle

20180117 What's in a username?

20180117 What's in a username?
mnjenlittle, Jan 17, 2018
Description:
MOC Day 17 - why do I have this username?
The template Artsy Journal set 1 from Scrapping W/Liz. The kit is Daily Affirmation from Etc by Danyale. My text editor say 236 words.
"What is in a username? Well, my name! Lol! When I first come into the digi scrapping community, I used my email address as my username, mnjenlittle. Honestly, it did not occur to me to use something cute. Now how did I pick my email address? We had just moved to Minnesota when this new email came out, Gmail. I signed up right away and chose to identify my state, because, well, Jennifer and Little together? There are a gajillion of them out there! I don't know what I'll do if I ever move. It will just be a super weird email address! I married into the name Little. My maiden name is Myrick. Jennifer Lynn Myrick. Now why I am Jennifer? Oh, Mother! She says she heard the name all the time at the grocery store and thought it was so nice. Ummm here was a clue. It was 1973 and yes, everyone named their daughter Jennifer. So, techinically, I was born in 1974. The height of the name Jennifer. Thanks, Mom! I went through years when I was Jenny. Hey you had to decide something when you were in class with 8 other Jennifers. In fact, most people from my high school class still call me Jenny, even though by the beginning of high school I had decided to move to Jen. All my college friends and beyond know me as Jen, therefore mnjenlittle."​
Scrapping with Liz and mcurtt like this.
    • BevG
      Cute layout! I love the little you picture. My sister is Jenny, just Jenny. She was born in 1968, before the Jennifer craze peaked.
    • apottinger
      Love this story and great page!! I also didn't know that era was the height of the Jennifer craze! lol
    • Tree City
      "Oh, Mother!" made me LOL cuz I've thought the same thing in regards to my own name. :) What a fun page!
    • bestcee
      I love the photos you added on the side to illustrate your name! Oh Mother made me laugh! Thanks for sharing!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    mnjenlittle
    Date:
    Jan 17, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    247.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).