easyeyes4you

2018-The-Century-Plant Before and after

2018-The-Century-Plant Before and after
easyeyes4you, Apr 20, 2018
Description:
It was such a cute little thing when I got it and so innocent looking! ...and it loved where we put it... and I loved how it looked, the color and the leaves contrasting so boldly with the other plants behind.... but it had a vicious streak!!! It was also impossible to be anyplace close without getting a serious stab wound! ...and then it started making babies...and getting bigger and bigger... So I started researching how one might safely remove it... we considered a chain saw and , hooking a chain to a pick up. I consulted everyone I knew and searched on line, all to no avail... then a nursery I was talking with suggested wrapping it in a blanket... I thought that sounded like a good idea! But when Steve, my gardener , arrived this week to do the deed, he had decided to try a sawsall... In no time at all, it was down to the stump , shown above and then it was just a matter of digging out the roots....

I do have to say , it was much more impressive, than the puny little plant we replaced it with, but hopefully it will grow and thrive and be pretty also....

etc_dan_succulentgarden kit

alabau_tlp_makers_arrow

lgrieveson_textual_3_2

KimJensen_MashupPaperDates_lime-day-18

AASPN_NoteBook1_1
londoncuppa and KarenB like this.
    • bellbird
      well i'm glad no one lost an eye in the removal of your baby! the blanket thing is how we've done something similar previously but it's pokey nonetheless! love the before and after pics and splatter with the texture of the title!
    • jazzmatazz
      It WAS a beautiful addition in its contrast with the other plants, but century plants are survivors. Short of a nuclear holocaust, those suckers thrive ... and, yes, their thorns are wicked! Great before / after contrast and wonderful journaling!
    • londoncuppa
      I bet I could have killed it. I think I have the blackest “green” thumb around. I am the Grim Reaper to all plants...LOL. Ask me to take care of it, and it would be dead within a week. You’ve done a fantastic job with your page. It’s so striking! Just love what you’ve done! Thanks so much for playing in my challenge!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Photography Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    easyeyes4you
    Date:
    Apr 20, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).