mcurtt

2018-02_February-Birds_web

2018-02_February-Birds_web
mcurtt, Feb 10, 2018
Description:
No reason for posting this other than the birds have been awesome! Blue jays & cardinals & woodpeckers & juncos. I had to work from home yesterday due to the snow, and instead of a dreary office setting, I got to see this.

Credits: Lynn Grieveson - Frostell, Inky Dink Photo Overlay, Snow in January. One Little Bird - Chestnut Lane.
jenn mccabe likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      oh my goodness! this is one shot?!?! or are you combining images here in a composite? incredible!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @jenn mccabe I added one blue jay, the one in the center sitting on a branch. Actually, his color is a bit brighter than the others. I should fix that... The flying female cardinal (on the left) was in the same shot, but it got cut off when I enlarged it. So I moved it into the frame. It really was incredible. I saw them all flocking & had my camera ready, so I just kept on snapping photos thru my window. I didn't even realize what I captured until I downloaded them yesterday. And I used RadLab on the photo to brighten it. :-)
    • jenn mccabe
      Wow, that is awesome. I want to go buy bird seed now :) - we have a lot of birds, blue jays and cardinals included, but I don't see them all together like this in one spot. I did see a pair of Pileated Woodpeckers on my property about 2 -3 weeks ago. That was something! And yay for Rad Lab! :)
      mcurtt likes this.
    • LynnG
      Woah! That is amazing. We have none of them here, and to see so many of them against the white snow ... just incredible. And beautifully scrapped too!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Rikki
      This does look magical!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • londoncuppa
      I saw this on Lynn’s blog this morning, Marilyn. She put it perfectly...it’s like a fairytale. So unbelievable. Love it!!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • cookingmylife
      Well done Marilyn! I wonder if arranging birds is easier than herding cats! :giggle
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @cookingmylife Thanks. Actually, aside from the one cardinal & blue jay that I mentioned above, they were all in the shot, not much arranging necessary. They were flying and I just kept on shooting. It was definitely worth a snow day. :-)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lynn Grieveson
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Feb 10, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    237.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).