mcurtt

2017-MOC#23_Talking-Walls_web

2017-MOC#23_Talking-Walls_web
mcurtt, Jan 23, 2017
Description:
Credits: Etc. by Danyale - Sugar Sands Beach. Paula Kesselring - M3 Dec 2016. Bella Gypsy - Moving Forward, Creative Type. Little Butterfly Wings - Feeling Chatty, M3 Dec 2016. Pink Reptile Designs - Just My Type. Lynne Marie - Chloe, M3 Dec 2016. Dawn Inskip - Of Wishes Hopes & Dreams. Allison Pennington - Challenge Template (staple).

Journaling reads: We have another couple staying here in apartment 14. Ewa must have rented out the place again. I don't know about the whole Air BnB thing... These people don't even speak Polish. I had heard that they come from some place called Amerika? And what is this one doing? She took over the dining room table, she has it littered with papers. I see a pen. I see a book. I see patterned tape. I see glue, I see scissors, no! Don't stab that table. Oh wait, she is cutting something out. she is writing. Well, I guess that is okay. And the man who is staying here with her? I caught him rolling his eyes at her, he obviously does not appreciate the mess. But then he took her photo at the table with the pen and glue and scissors and tape.
    • cestrada123
      love this perspective! I need to take this pic too.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • AnneofAlamo
      The rolling of his eyes, had me laughing so hard. Love happens here to o.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Rikki
      Great great idea. Love it.
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Juliestcyr
      I love this! I feel like I'm looking into the room. But, not in a creepy way...
      mcurtt likes this.
    • kirstiegai
      hahahaha - no don't stab the table! Love it
      mcurtt likes this.
    • MrsPeel
      lets start by , as usual, love the page. The blending of the photo, the background particll sight of the wood, the word bits and general all is beautiful, and I don;t think I had ever seen a photo of you before? I'm really really glad that you fit into almost my exact idea of you!!!!!!!!!!! now moving to the journaling... - Please don't hate me"- you said in the challenge thread....hate you????!!!!!!!!! are you MAD???!!!!!!!!! I could never hate a creative being as gifted as you are, and even less because of loving JOurnaling!!!!!!! I know it may not seem much to you as you came in when I already was in so many teams, I sometimes leave the journaling to write before printing....but I am a lover of the written word and find it necessary for ouyr scrap pages!!!!!!!! Love this one, the journaling is beautiful, it makes us see you, and it takes us to Poland! Next time you come this way, you need to stop in London!!!!!! Love the page Marilyn, as always, you have that lil" je ne sais quoi" that makes my soul "click" with yours!!!!!!!thanks so much for playing with us!!!!!!!!![​IMG]
      mcurtt likes this.
    • Sokee
      Oh my goodness this is awesome! I love the way the photo is blended so beautifully with the papers and your journaling! You had me almost losing my tea at your hubby rolling his eyes.......... oh yes......too funny... so true!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • tkradtke
      I love this page and your journaling! I would also love to see some photos of your journal! Did you do it more "smash book" style? My daughter and I did those on a trip we took with my parents a few years ago. We loved working on them each night at the hotel (since we were traveling with my parents, we were in early each night). I would love to journal more in a notebook each day. I fully intended to do that this trip, but we hit each day so hard that I was too tired to most days. Next trip I think I'll put more thought into my notebook so I will feel drawn to write in it more. Like how you did all of the prep in yours before you left. I left mine brand new and it always takes me some time to gather the nerve to make that first pen mark in a fresh notebook! If I would have done some prep before we left, I think it would have made a difference... easier to get started! Live and learn, I guess! :-) Now I just need to plan another trip, so I can use what I've learned... lol!
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      @tkradtke I'll try to take some pics or scans of the Poland journal and send you a p.m. with them attached. I noticed you had page protectors in yours, with a journal that is ring bound. Mine was the standard sewn-in variety. I don't think it would qualify as a smash book. I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive for that... My only attempts at digital was scanning in some ephemera that was no way going to fit if I didn't do it. I didn't decorate the cover, it was a brown leather-look, reminded me of the Polish plates that were handed down to me from my grandmother. We stayed in Krakow for a week, and for last part of the trip, we stayed with my 2nd cousin and family (12 people and 1 bathroom, but that's another story... ) in a little town of 413 people for a wedding. I would walk downstairs and journal at the table when everyone was eating breakfast and laughing and trying to understand each other. By the end of the visit, it was well-known that me and my journal were inseparable. Lots of journaling, lots of ephemera, lots of memories.

I have so much enjoyed seeing your process. Always on the lookout for new ideas... :-) More to follow...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 5
    Uploaded By:
    mcurtt
    Date:
    Jan 23, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    776px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).