Lynnette

1946 - MOC day 26

1946 - MOC day 26
Lynnette, Jan 30, 2018
Description:
created with November Wolff Pack Messy Notes by Amy Wolff; Everyday Joy kit by Forever Joy Designs; Storyteller 2017 December kit by Just Jaimee; Splendor elements and papers by Etc by Danyale

journaling:

Frank sent me this photo right after Mom passed away - she’s the little girl in the photo. I love it because it’s in color! I had never seen a color photo of my Grandpa with that bright red hair. He passed away just five years after this was taken, when Mom was nine. I love seeing my Grandma as a young mother. I never knew her hair was so dark! I only knew her with white hair. Frank is the baby, and this must have been taken sometime in the months after he was born, in the summer. I love the flowers Mom is holding and her sweet pink dress. This was the house Mom grew up in her whole life in Lehi. Such a sweet family photo. Grandma & Grandpa Shaw loved each other so much and Grandma never even considered remarrying after he passed. They only had two children, although they had several other pregnancies but Grandma miscarried several times. I only recently learned that she was expecting again at the time Grandpa died, and lost the baby after he passed. I’m not sure if that was a blessing or just another difficult trial for her.
    • Sokee
      Oh your journaling totally tugged at my heart strings! Love love that paint under your paper mat! And that butterfly is so pretty!
    • Pachimac
      The gorgeousness of this layout pulled me right in, and then the journaling kept me here. Beautiful way to scrap this, and so emotional. Your journaling is perfect.
    • fruitysuet
      Oh what a treasure of a picture and page to suit. I loved reading the story behind it. The page is so pretty, really well put together and a lovely choice of product.
    • Iowan
      How beautifully told and how sad. What a wonderful photo you found to go with your wonderful layout. Thanks for taking the heritage challenge!!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 6
    Uploaded By:
    Lynnette
    Date:
    Jan 30, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    181.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).