cookingmylife

1607-etc-London

1607-etc-London
cookingmylife, Jul 19, 2016
Description:
Hard for me to think how long ago this was - the 70s - but that M.A. of my ex's was always a bone of contention. When I was divorced and wanted the degree, I didn't have the money. When I later had the money, I no longer had the ego to want it. Life lesson...

It was the late 1970s and VJM was getting his M.A. in London. We drove down and while the men went to get ready, we wives went off to a pub. We barely made it back in time for the ceremony but then we weren’t the ones getting the degrees. I don’t know about the other wives but I wrote many a paper for his degree. Silly me.

Truly a sign of the times, that there are no women in this photo. Yes, it was swinging London and the times they were a changin’ but somehow it never occurred to us to go for that degree ourselves. We just kept on as wives and mothers. There was still a long way to go, wasn’t there, baby.

etc_dan_cottageno9_ptrn3.
etc_dan_cottageno9_smframe2
etc_dan_cottageno9_solid4
etc_dan_cottageno9_wire.
etc_dan_notetoself_notetoself_wa
etc_dan_perfectgeek_ducttapeflwr4
Font: Keep on Truckin

Thanks for looking!
Danyale likes this.
    • jenn mccabe
      what a cool story ... definitely interesting to read that you wrote many of his papers. love your take on this event! love the journaling on the vellum too! very cool page!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Etc by Danyale
    Uploaded By:
    cookingmylife
    Date:
    Jul 19, 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).