14 - Journal as Therapy
carrie1977, Jan 14, 2023
Description:
Easy Eclectic Vol 8 by Allison Pennington
A Case of the Blahs by Micheline Lincoln Designs and Studio Basic Designs

Journaling:

Seeing this photo on Instagram made me feel some type of way and I hate that it did. I knew that Billy, Celia, Josh and little Noah were going to Disneyland. I was so excited for them! It was Noah’s first time (I later learned that it was also Josh’s first time). The first time is always so magical…no matter what age you are.

Then I saw this photo pop up on Instagram. I instantly felt hurt, angry, disappointed. My father and his wife were there, too. I know I’ve made the choice to not have contact with him (other than when he attends things for Billy’s family). I will not have him come and go in my children’s lives like he did ours. But, seeing this photo brought on so many feelings. I hated that I felt so many things. I should have just been able to look at these photos and move on. Why do I let it bother me?

When I text my mom the photo and told her it made me feel some type of way she immediately asked if I was jealous. Jealous? Was I jealous? Maybe. Why should I feel jealous though? Probably because Noah is getting what I always wanted. My dad. I hope that he gives Noah the love and attention that I always wanted. I also hope that he doesn’t break Noah’s heart.
    • scrapchyck
      That's tough and I totally get it. You have done a wonderful job with the scrapping and journaling, keeping it dark and moody was a good choice.
      carrie1977 likes this.
    • mocamom
      You have every right to feel your feels. I'm serious. By acknowledging them, I firmly believe we stop giving them the power to hurt us. Sounds like your dad made choices that hurt you and that stinks, but I'm GLAD you can get them out and on paper. You scrapped this beautifully. I love the way you split your text and your word strips were perfect for the sentiment. I'm so thankful you played along and hopefully you feel better for doing so!
      carrie1977 likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    carrie1977
    Date:
    Jan 14, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    246 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    700px
    Height:
    700px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).