michelepixels

12lbw_NOVtemplate-birthdays

12lbw_NOVtemplate-birthdays
michelepixels, Nov 2, 2021
Description:
everything by Little Butterfly Wings . . .
November 2021 Challenge Template
papers (background and clipped to several elements) from M3 Sept21 AddOn
love wa from Hopes & Dreams
hearts from The Movies Edition
flower from Feels
stars from Life Is Hard Work

. . . except Baby word art, which is from I Love You Forever by Sahlin Studio
dotcomkari likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Sounds like you have a lot of birthdays to celebrate in November. :-) I love your concept of making this a two-pager. I know I struggled (just a bit) to find enough room on my 8.5x11 page to fit it all in. Your solution is perfect! Thanks SO MUCH for participating in Val's November designer challenge. :bk
    • michelepixels
      @mcurtt I pretty much always make 17x11 now. I figured that way I won't have any opposing individual pages clash, and I can always use the additional space. I think one of the reasons it took so long for me to transition to 8.5x11 was because it felt too small. I just have to remember I still need to make a few single 8.5x11 pages for the first and last pages in my book, and maybe the covers (although for my book about my trip in June, I wrapped a 17x11 around the whole book and it worked well, so I might keep doing that). :love
      mcurtt likes this.
    • mcurtt
      When I first got started with digital scrapbooking, in 2006, I was strictly working on heritage layouts, first my mom's side of the family, then my dad's. A number of my layouts were double pages, planned specifically for not clashing. But I also had a number of single pages. Believe it or not, I didn't think that any of it clashed. Maybe because the photos were sepia or b&w??? Or maybe it was the subject matter, a bit more somber than some of the layout styles I do today.

When I make my Blurb magazines for the year, I pretty much place them in alpha order by file name. Since I do tons of CT work, and my file names start with the designer, there really isn't much clashing since the designers' styles shine through.

I do tag my layouts so that if I want to, down the road, I can create smaller magazines by subject, i.e. my Poland layouts, etc... I really like tagging. :-) Since I don't scrap sequentially, tagging allows me to pull up the layouts and verify that I hadn't scrapped a photo. I don't have Lightroom, so this works for me.

Re: filler pages, those one of a kind, don't forget that you can leave it blank or use just a background paper on it. At the magazine page price, I have no problem with that. On my DYD, I added a few pages with a quote on it and nothing more to come with the page count divisible by 4. Also, I usually place a background paper on the inside of the covers rather than leaving them blank.

Your trip across the country looked amazing, at least for the pages I saw. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see the preview. Blurb allows a preview option to share if you set up the book for sales, but then not have it be visible to the public. Not sure if that makes sense???
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Little Butterfly Wings
    Uploaded By:
    michelepixels
    Date:
    Nov 2, 2021
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    104.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    517px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).