122022JCChristmas
AnotherAmanda, Dec 23, 2022
Description:
December 2022 - Journaling Challenge - Celebrating a Holiday in a Unique Way
Journaling - My mom decided to drive across country this year. Something she always wanted to do. She finally sold the house and head out in September. While on the road, she decided she was finally going to spend Christmas with us in California. Originally, she planned to arrive the beginning of December, but bad weather in the Mid West made her reevaluate her plans and just head over to California after she hit all her must sees in the northern part of the country.

We had our first Thanksgiving at our house with Mom. She was a great help and kept us all filled to the brim with food. So much food.

Since she was staying for Christmas, Maddie, my niece, decided that she wasn't going to celebrate Christmas without her Mom Mom. She'd never missed a Christmas yet and wasn't going to start at 16. So Melissa and Maddie made reservations and we bought tickets for the Oakland Zoo Glowfari and to tour the Winchester Mystery House.

Surprise, Suprise, December started with one of the worst head colds I've ever had. (Not Covid) I finally felt better when Todd got sick. While Mom and I were out he woke up and tested himself. It was Covid. Probably from a co-worker during his one day in the office the week before. Mom moved to a hotel because of health issues and having had Covid three times already (fully boosted). I texted Melissa. She decided to wait and see. Two days later, it was my turn to test positive. Hm. Well, Benjamin's Christmas break started early because we couldn't safely send him. He's still negative!

Hm. Melissa said. Well. We'll see. More waiting. Huge storm heading across the country. Hm. Would the flight be canceled? Guess we'll find out.

I spent a few days thinking they would be bumped or canceled. (Luckily, Melissa had travel insurance.) Todd felt better. I had a really bad sore throat day one but was back to my old self (with occasional cough from the earlier head cold that I could now blame on Covid too!?!?!)

At 3:20 PST, Melissa texted that they were on the plane as scheduled. They even had an empty middle seat.

So roller coaster ride. Coming. Not coming. Coming. Definitely coming. Cue frantic cleaning this morning because of germs and dirt from me being sick for pretty much the entire month to date. Yay! So fun. This holiday season hasn't been the greatest. I still haven't done the holiday cards yet either. So that's another change to the holiday celebrating thing too. I think about it and then I decide that tomorrow will be fine too.... maybe Valentine's instead?

To make a long story short, for the first time ever. My family is flying to California over Christmas to celebrate at our house. It's awesome and sad for Todd because it's the first Christmas without his dad who died in February so things were going to be different this year either way. Christmas 2022

Font - Remington Noiseless
Elements and Papers - December (Sahlin Studio), There's Something About Merry (One Little Bird)
Styles - Shadows (Mommyish)
    • sharonb
      What a strory! Great journaling. Quite a story!
    • wombat146
      You sure had a suspenseful lead up to your Christmas with all the doubt about who would actually make it for Christmas, so I am hoping that you ended up having a nice time with those that did arrive. Fabulous page design and wonderful story telling as well!
    • HeatherB
      Great storytelling. What a different Christmas and the events leading up to it. Glad that you were able to celebrate with family. Love the mix of papers and the word snippets. wonderful page!
    • Beth Holmes
      Great focus on the journaling, which is balanced so nicely by the lovely tree, great papers and elements. I love the packages especially and the blue background paper.
    • Karen
      Congratulations! Your fabulous layout has been spotlighted on the Lilypad Blog today! :clap
    • AnotherAmanda
      Thanks, made my day
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Journaling Challenge
    Uploaded By:
    AnotherAmanda
    Date:
    Dec 23, 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    819.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).