SharLamb

12-29-19_SlowScrap_MagicBlocks

12-29-19_SlowScrap_MagicBlocks
SharLamb, Dec 29, 2019
Description:
Had to do another! These colorful translucent dice with the tiny ones inside are so fascinating to me. Ended up not really using them for the intended purpose, but my grands will enjoy the dozens of dice for their board games.
nbk-artANDjournal-outofthebox-artframe01
sahlinstudio_8aut19template_PSD
nbk-All-messed-up_Papers-thelights-04
KAagard_Playground__Pattern9
Photos: mine
Fonts: An Unfortunate Event and Amanca
Rainbow style:Adobe
Journaling:
My first attempt at making these toys was using 1" square blocks, which I found on the internet, wrapped with duct tape. I found a YouTube video with instructions. I wanted to make one for each of my 12 grands. By the time I got to about the 8th one, I could make them without watching the video. Then I saw these clear dice with tiny dice inside, and thought I could make the toys with them, using clear duct tape. The problem is that clear duct tape isn't really clear, and clear packing tape isn't strong enough. I stopped after one with the dice. Such a fun idea, but I knew when to quit!
KarenB likes this.
    • KarenB
      They look so much fun! Loving your multicoloured layout to show them off :)
      SharLamb likes this.
    • bellbird
      i love the colour here and especially that out of the frame effect, makes it feel like the rainbow is spilling out on the page!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • mcurtt
      Enjoyed reading your journaling. And glad that you realized when to stop. But now I'm curious to see the toy you ended up with, your original blocks. :-)
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      mcurtt, here are a few of the originals! But seriously, the magic is in seeing them in action.
      [​IMG]
      mcurtt likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Speed Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Dec 29, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    118.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    464px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).