Pachimac

10DOC2 Mama

10DOC2 Mama
Pachimac, Jul 20, 2019
Description:
Journaling:
There are moments that are etched into your mind forever. They are tied to memory with distinct sights, smells, sounds - memories that you can almost reach out and touch, and some you can even taste. This Christmas was one of those, because it was the last Christmas season of my Mom's life. She had battled and beaten stage 4 breast and lung cancer, so her body was ravaged from the fight. We visited her a week before Christmas. When we walked into her room to open presents, the smell of her perfume filled my nose and wrapped itself around me like a hug. I cannot smell "White Shoulders" without thinking of my Mom. As I watched Melissa open her present, I heard the crinkling of the paper as she opened it. The sight of my Mom and my precious daughter together smiling and laughing filled my heart with joy. I sat down next to my Mom, and the feel of her warm hug filled my heart with joy. I didn't know that we would have another year, and here we were celebrating her cancer free life ahead. The last gift in the box was a bag of candy, which we tasted together and laughed about. Little did I know that this day was the last day I would see my Momma, as she died in a car accident on Christmas Day.

I used LBW/Studio Basic Collab "All Wrapped Up" Winter and One Little Bird "Chestnut Lane" Elements pack.
    • bcgal00
      What a wonderful story of your mom beating her cancer. Beautifully scrapped page!
    • mcurtt
      OMG! Fantastic journaling, but I was totally not prepared for the Christmas Day event. I am SO SORRY. Hugs!
    • jenn mccabe
      Oh my goodness- I was not prepared for the ending either, so I can't even imagine what that did to you and your family. Your words are so beautifully written - I can really feel the love between you. I'm so sorry this happened - life is not fair!! Definitely brought tears to my eyes. The page is just gorgeous - the film strip with the little tilt, those beautiful scattering of stars falling off the page and lighting up the photos, and the sweet title with that little "y" dangling over the vellum word strips. Absolutely lovely in every detail. Gentle hugs to you.
    • norton94
      Oh wow - your page and story are additionally more real and vibrant through the senses here - incredible writing and story telling. I'm so sorry for your loss - Christmas is a rough day to lose someone, not that there is ever a good one. It must have been so ironic that she beat the cancer to lose life from a car accident at the end of that journey. Your words resonate - you are very talented! (((hugs)))
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Lilypad Challenges & Scraps
    Uploaded By:
    Pachimac
    Date:
    Jul 20, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    238.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    800px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).