SharLamb

10-18_Gelli-Art

10-18_Gelli-Art
SharLamb, Oct 4, 2018
Description:
khadfield_cfile_QuiltedTemplate.psd: THANKS!
button2_WeekendAtHome_KateHadfield
Photos are mine

Journaling:
Years ago I switched to digital art, leaving all the messy hands, chaotic work space, and even the expensive equipment which always got used up and needed to be replaced. I donated most of my supplies to my grandchildren's schools, and to my daughter who had some interest in crafting with tangible art supplies. I guess Gelli printing has been around for years, but I never heard of it until a few weeks ago when my art school teacher showed us how to make digital Gelli prints. That was so much fun, but I didn't get what it really was until I Googled it. Then watching the YouTube videos of artists making Gelli prints with tangible equipment and supplies made me want to do it, despite messiness. Of course, I had no acrylic paints– not even a brayer! I hadn't been to Michael's for months. I was pretty sure Sandy would have an actual Gelli plate I could borrow (which was true!). And what fun it is! Big problem beside the mess, is finding space for the sheets to dry. Not sure how long this fad will last. But for now, I'm having fun!
Dalis and Tree City like this.
    • Dalis
      I WANT a Gelli Plate SO BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Dalis
      @SharLamb Now, I am googling digital gelli prints!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Nemla
      Looks like fun . Mess is necessary in order to appreciate clean ! lol
      SharLamb likes this.
    • cfile
      Beautiful page Sharon. What an interesting art craft! I love how you used the template to showcase the results and great journaling. Well done sharon. Enjoy your new found craft project and thanks for playing along with the October Blog Challenge!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Kate
      Oooh this is lovely! Gelli printing is on my list of things to try, it looks like you had a great time with it! You could scan some of these in and create your own digital papers for your pages! Thanks for playing along with the challenge!
      SharLamb likes this.
    • SharLamb
      Thanks everyone. It was fun, but I do prefer digital, and have already scanned them and used them as paper!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kate Hadfield
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Oct 4, 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    145.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    600px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).