SharLamb

03-19Alaska-Airlines-Debacle

03-19Alaska-Airlines-Debacle
SharLamb, Mar 17, 2019
Description:
I am in no way associated with Alaska Airlines except as a paying customer.

khadfield_StorytellerTemplate (THANK YOU!)
khadfield_RedWhiteNBlue_cardstockblue
greensolidpaper-WeekendAtHome-KateHadfield
khadfield_HappyBirthday_wordstripblank1
Alaska Airlines logos/photos: Internet

Journaling:
Alaska Airlines has always been our favorite way to fly. They often send me notices of low-priced fares, so when I got one for our planned trip to Arizona, I hopped right on it, not realizing until clicking “purchase,” that I couldn’t pick our seats. I hadn’t noticed it was a “Saver Fare!” Totally new to me. At the gate, we were both assigned middle seats 16 rows from each other. I realized we’d have the same issue coming home, so called to see if I could pay to upgrade. Nope. But as I was checking in online 24 hours before the flight, I saw the opportunity to upgrade for $50 each, and jumped on it. But by the time I clicked “purchase,” only one of the upgrade seats (a middle one) was still available. Still, I took it, but didn’t know if they’d charged me for one or both.

At the airport on the way home, despite getting to the gate with boarding passes, the gal at the podium said we weren’t even checked in. She checked us in (again!), AND thought she would be able to upgrade the second ticket, and did! So happy. Row 7 for both of us, instead of the last cramped row in the plane for one of us. Dave still in middle seat, but much more comfortable, and room in the overhead for his C-pap supplies. I was on the aisle seat across from him. The woman sitting next to me got bumped up to the last first class seat, so Dave got to move over and sit next to me! Bonus was the man sitting next to him wanted to talk golf and salmon fishing most of the way home, which Dave was delighted to do. Then found out that he and his wife were headed to Julie’s clinic the coming week!

So not only did we get a courtesy voucher from the agent on the phone, we weren’t charged the upgrade to business class! Win-Win! And lesson learned: Never buying “Saver Fares” again!
    • flowersgal
      Well travel does have its surprises and its ordeals, doesn't it. I don't think I have ever flown Alaska Airlines but we do have a flight booked with them in late June from Seattle to Boise, Idaho. I like your story and their logo down the side to reinforce the story line.
      SharLamb likes this.
    • Kate
      I love that you recorded your travel debacle with such positivity! Super use of colour on this page, I love the bold graphic feel this has! Thank you for playing along with the challenge!
      SharLamb likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Kate Hadfield
    Uploaded By:
    SharLamb
    Date:
    Mar 17, 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    93.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    457px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).