AlyciaIN

01_07 Heirloom

01_07 Heirloom
AlyciaIN, Jan 12, 2023
Description:
Created with Forever Joy's Blessings kit
Font is Cookie, photos are personal.

Journaling text:
When our son was born, my maternal grandmother made a special gown for us to use for his baby blessing. Chris wore the gown with a blue bow for his blessing in May 1979.
Grandma's thought was that if we had a daughter later we could replace the blue bow with a pink one. But when our daughter was born, my mother-in-law brought us a lovely mint green gown that her daughter & granddaughter had worn for their baby blessings. Erin wore the Smith family mint green gown for her baby blessing in May 1983. The dress was too fragile to use after that. So in August 2015 when it was time for our daughter's daughter's baby blessing, Evelyn wore the gown that my grandmother had made plus a sweater that her dad had worn for his baby blessing.
Very special heirlooms for very special days!
    • cfile
      This is so beautiful and what special treasures the Baby Blessing Gowns are. I am so thrilled that your daughter was able to use the gown for Evelyn from her Great Great Grandmother. What special treasures from both sides of the family through the years. The love and family history contained in those gowns is so special. I love the laced bg paper and the beautiful photos!! Thank you for sharing and playing along with the MOC11 day 7 Heirloom Challenge!
      AlyciaIN likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Month of Challenges 11 - Coming Home
    Uploaded By:
    AlyciaIN
    Date:
    Jan 12, 2023
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    432.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    900px
    Height:
    900px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).