Hello everyone! It’s Polly Karen back again to give you a quick overview of all the new challenges for October. Each month we have 8 brand new challenges that are posted in the forum Challenge Pad on the 1st day of the month. (the BYOC Challenge is posted on the 1st Friday of the month.) You can use the challenges simply to inspire you to keep creating new layouts OR you can also earn yourself a fabulous coupon for your next shopping trip in the Lilypad Store. (2 challenges = 10%, 4 challenges = 20% and 6 challenges = 30%). Those who complete at least 7 challenges will be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate! Isn’t that an awesome prize?!?! You’ll get lots of great memories captured in your scrapbooks AND you could win a fat gift certificate prize!!! Pretty great, right?! So let’s take a look at this month’s new batch of challenges!
1. Scraplift Challenge – The first challenge for the month of October is the Scraplift Challenge and is being hosted by Natasha (bcnatty). Natasha has chosen to host a fun game of scraplift tag for this month. Your challenge is to pick just one layout from the gallery of the last person to post in the Scraplift Challenge thread in the forum and then create your own scraplifted version. Here is a layout that Natasha chose to start with followed by her scraplifted version:
2. Template Challenge – Next up is the Template Challenge hosted by Christa (cfile). The challenge is to use the free template supplied by Paula Kesselring and create a layout using it. Here’s a look at the free template followed by a sample that Christa created using it:
3. Random Challenge – The Random challenge for this month is being hosted by Cynthia (MrsPeel) and she would like you to create a layout about a nightmare. This can be about a bad dream you’ve had or something scary or horrible in your life. Cynthia created this aptly named layout about a nightmare in her past:
4. BYOC Challenge – This month we had the fun lining up of dates and days, so the BYOC Challenge was released at the same time as all the rest of the challenges! This challenge is hosted by Lori (lcpereyra) and the challenge is to use 90% of the products on your page from this month’s BYOC collection and from at least 3 designers. Here’s a sample layout created by Lori:
5. Journaling Challenge – October’s Journaling Challenge is all about quotes. Heather (HeatherB) is hosting this challenge and wants you to add a quote on your layout along with at least 3 lines of regular journaling. Here is a sample page created by Heather:
6. Photography Challenge – Courtney (bestcee) is hosting this month’s photography challenge and she would like to challenge you to photograph your workspace. These days that can mean at home or in an office building or even on picnic table! So show off your workspace and then create a layout with your photo(s). Here’s a peek at Courtney’s workspace:
7. Inspiration Challenge – Jen (JenEm) is hosting the Inspiration Challenge for October and would love you to create a layout inspired by this quote: “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” by L.M. Montgomery. Jen would like you to show her what October looks like for you. Here’s a great layout that she created:
8. Style Challenge – The final challenge for this month is the Style Challenge hosted by Stefanie (Eyeore). Stefanie would like to challenge you to create a layout in the “full page” style with at least 50% of the page covered with elements, photos or papers. She would like you to have two of the edges of your layout with items touching them and also include one cluster of at least five things touching each other. Here’s a great layout that she created to get you started:
Challenge Galleries: (post your pages to these galleries)
There is your peek at this month’s brand new batch of challenges. Once you create your own layouts inspired by these challenges, be sure to post them to the appropriate galleries as listed above. Then be sure to also post them to the appropriate thread in the challenge forum. See the thread HERE for further challenge guidelines and see the October Challenge Pad HERE to get started! Don’t forget to post all of your completed layouts in the Challenge Layouts thread so we can be sure to get you the proper coupon at the end of the month. I’ll be back near the end of the month to shine my spotlight on some of the pages created for these challenges! I can’t wait to see what you come up with! Happy scrapping!