ZZZZZZZ

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

We had our first big thunderstorm of the season - why does this always happen at 3am?

Between the loud loud storm, my dog pacing the room (his nails click on the wood floor), my husband's phone ringing at 2:30 a.m. and my general light sleepedness.... :groan

Were you in the path of the midwest storms last night?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yep! I was and about 10:30 last night we got some crazy winds and a little rain. I was home alone with the kiddos (hubby is on a fishing vacation) so I had to be the one to go outside and make sure everything was battened down. Normally the hubster just handles that, so it was a weird feeling to be the one thinking... I wonder if I got everything? Then I just went to sleep, so I'm not sure even if we got hail. There must not have been too much thunder either cause once I was asleep, I didn't wake up.

Guess you'll be heading to the coffee shop early today, huh? :) XXL please!

3. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

yep, but luckily, the baby's white noise machine drowned most of it out!

4. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Nothing here last night, but we've had our share of those already this year. I'll take being kept awake by a storm over trying to handle getting the kids home from school in the midst of the absolute worst of it any time though. (Which happened here a few weeks ago, and we had the same situation once last year. Super stressful.) Hope it's not too long of a day for you, and the skies (and dog and phone) are quiet tonight!

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yep, I slept through it, which is a testament to how tired I was because I am a thunder hater.

6. kim21673

kim21673 I'm slowly getting there!

We had a few little storms but they usually break up before they hit our suburb. It rained and stormed for a bit but nothing horrible. I guess there were two tornadoes about 30 minutes south of us. It wasn't that bad here.