Your M3 Journey

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by scrapsandsass, Oct 27, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." -- Lao Tzu

So @klee73010 talked about getting out of her comfort zone and trying something different, which got me thinking... what have you tried recently that has been a stretch for you? How has your M3 journey evolved? Are you doing anything differently? Do you go back through pages and see where you've changed or stayed the same? Do you create for art's sake or to challenge yourself? Are there still things (techniques or styles) that you would like to try? Do you ever try something that changes the direction you were previously thinking/going?

I just found a post over at Daisy Yellow that talks about how working on a page can change and make you go in a whole other direction.
    The Art Pivots Forward Unexpectedly
    It always happens out of the blue. I'll be working on a journal page or an index card and suddenly there's a revelation. A pivot point. A spark. An "aha" moment, as they say. Some aspect of my work transforms | evolves | bounces and I'm off on a new trajectory. The change can be so darned subtle that others may not even notice. It's more often about how it feels to do the work, the experience of building a page, rather than the end result. Art journaling never ceases to amaze and intrigue me.

“Openness to experience means allowing yourself a reflective, complex intellectual life - one that is continuously assimilating new and unfamiliar ideas.”
    David Greenberg
    http://daisyyellowart.com/vividlife/art-pivots-forward

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    klee73010 likes this.
  2. n33

n33 Well-Known Member

What a neat site. I may have to design on an index size from now on! :)
    So much inspiration there. Thanks for the link!

scrapsandsass likes this.