Your 2019 AHA scrapbook moment

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by vinniepearce, Dec 27, 2019.

1. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

I heard another podcast by simplescrapper.com talking about aha moments in memory keeping, so I'm wondering what's yours?! [​IMG]

Share here and I'll feature them on a special Instagram post.

My 2019 aha scrapbook moment has to be batch processing, as a designer and illustrator there are SO many processes involved, some fun, some tedious. But processing them in batches has helped bring more order and productivity. I've also applied this to my meal prep too. So I cook mass amounts on a Monday or Tuesday and I have 4-6 meals ready for the week. Meaning I clean up less and cook less - YUS! ...more time for design!

Please share yours!

LoveItScrapIt and LilachOren like this.
  2. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

It's been a long time, but the first was discovering shadows . . . enough said. Discovering an action that would sharpen and resize . . . wow - that gave such a crisp, polished look to my layouts. It is still one of my most favorite moments of the layout process.

vinniepearce likes this.
  3. vinniepearce

Actions are wonderful aren't they! And I get the sharpening, it's like the cherry on top... or sprinkles... if you don't like cherries. :thumbsups

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

My aha moment is the delete button. It's okay to delete bad photos or extra photos. I don't have to keep or scrap them all.

klee73010, kimingvtx, AJK and 2 others like this.
  5. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

Being new to digi scrapping I have a few aha moments... but my best was a few weeks ago I discovered in PixelLab (the app I use to scrap with) that I can apply a paper as a texture to another element and get a new look... opened a whole new realm of scrapping so that I can now use the png files from templates where as before I didn't know how. Yippee yay for me!

klee73010 and SeattleSheri like this.
  6. LilachOren

LilachOren Well-Known Member

My aha moment was learning to use affinity phots on iPad after using PS for 10 years
    Scrapping on my iPad is my aha biggest moment of this year

rach3975 and klee73010 like this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Either I had my aha moment of 2019 in December 2018, or I'm still waiting to have it. Because when I received my annual album last December -- a wonderful, huge 12x12 book from Blurb -- I realized I don't want to keep collecting these and have to lug them around. I'm sort of a minimalist. Right now my digital scrapbooks only fill half a shelf, but I have old paper albums that take up a few more shelves.

And then I found myself with less time to scrap this year (started a new job) so I haven't been able to evolve my scrapbooking routine to my liking yet. I'm kind of in scrapbooking limbo. I've dabbled in other sizes, but really seem to prefer 12x12. I created a different file folder structure, but didn't use it. Printing is on hold. I haven't printed an album this year for the first time in many years.

One thing I've figured out for sure (several months ago) is that the social aspect of scrapbooking with friends in an awesome forum like TLP is part of what I've loved about digital scrapbooking for the last decade+ and I definitely want to keep that up. Printing a little may always be important to me because I was born before the digital age and have a natural distrust of it ;) but I don't need to print 250 pages every year.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I've had quite a few AHA moments. I've learned how to do so many things since I joined TLP - things that I never thought I could do. At first, I'd think "Oh, I don't think I can do that". Then, once I started watching a tutorial and breaking down the steps, one by one, I found out that I could do it.

I was really thinking about this question and started going through my files last night. My latest AHA moment was combining 4 different photographs into one. I was just thrilled with the final composite picture and so proud of myself for deciding to try it! This is one of my favorite layouts, using that picture.

composite-layout-mm-week-4_2.jpg

CORRECTION: When I looked back at my post, I only used 4 different pictures to composite into a new picture.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  9. vinniepearce

250 pages, wow! Glad you took that pressure off. What about creating in a 10” album, it would be less bulky.

michelepixels likes this.
  10. vinniepearce

Omg I was like where are the 5 photos! That’s a clever montage

11. vinniepearce

I really need to check this out!

LilachOren likes this.
  12. vinniepearce

I need to do this more! I have a decades worth of photos.

bestcee likes this.
  13. vinniepearce

What a neat trick!

14. Cherylndesigns

I have all of them in the original thread. I’ll see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  15. Cherylndesigns

16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

ACTIONS, ACTIONS and ACTIONS!

[​IMG]

pagefrocks likes this.
  17. vinniepearce

haaahaa of course, great for batch processing too!

18. vinniepearce

Incredibly creative!

19. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I had and I still have a lot of AHA moments playing with the camera presets raw!

20. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My best aha moment wasn't this year... but I still use it and have a great time with it: painting with styles. It is a great way to change things up and/or add a unique effect to an image or background. Here is an example of using several different brushes and styles to add interest to one of Lili Wee's faces. I usually edit the style to remove any shadow, glow or bevel. It is GREAT fun!
    PaintingwithStylespage.jpg
    Here are the styles/brushes used with layer styles applied and edited.
    Often I just use a basic soft brush, but shaped brushes can be really interesting.
    PaintingwithStyles_stylesEx.jpg

Of course you can always then go one more step and play with blending modes to really be unique!