You'd Never Know

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Kim Gehring, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kim Gehring

Kim Gehring It's all about the 3-Cs: coffee, caramel, claw

You'd Never Know

You'd never know by looking at my gallery that I have a son. All my layouts are of my daughter! No, it's not because I love her more :giggle, I just can't seem to get excited about doing boy layouts.

Do you have a "favorite" child you scrap about?

2. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Not really, I don't think. I've got a boy and a girl (11 and 15) and I try to do equal layouts of the both of them, if I can. I also don't genderize the layouts with boy-colors and girl-colors and elements, either, as much as possible. Why not try a layout about him as a person instead of as a "boy"?

3. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

This has actually happened to me in the past year. I too love the pinks and frilly stuffs! My big thing is that I am able to take lots of photos of DD b/c she is at home with me all day. This will change when summer is over as they will both be in school.

I like boy kits... b/c I am drawn to oranges and blues - I just don't have the same amount of photos for those type kits.

4. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i have so many more layouts of my youngest only because she is home more and loves to have her photo taken. Also we didn't have digital cameras when my other two were young, so i have a ton more pictures now than then.

5. ChantalK

ChantalK ChantalK

I only have a daughter and I really do a lot of scrapping about her. Guess I could also scrap about my family, partner and dog but that doesn't happen very often at all lol. Perhaps if I have another and it's a boy, I'll be better equipped to answer :p

6. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

I have 2 daughters and I scrap about them mostly equal. I also do a lot of scrapping about random things in my life (like food!), myself, our trips, and our pets.

7. Laura

Laura Member

i get mommy guilt about this A LOT. my youngest is a HUGE personality and she's only 4, so she still does 'fun' stuff. my older daughter is more subdued and definitely calmer, so she usually gets my 'heavy' pages.

8. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I scrap my youngest mostly because the other two run away when the camera comes out...

I have to scan any younger photos of them so it is easier to grab more recent images off the computer. My husband gets next to nothing about him (I have possibly done more about our old cat!)

Girls are fun and a bit easier to scap about though!

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I think I might be about 50/50 on my kids. But the color palettes do vary widely on their layouts. Hers could be any color combo but lots of teal, purple, some pink. His have a lot of blue and green, yellow and orange. It is tough to scrap without flowers though. ; )

I actually read this to my son last night (He's 18, so old enough to get it). He said You don't do that! So that made me feel better just in case he might feel slighted.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  10. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I scrap way more girl layouts for my daughters than I do for my sons. I try to even it out, but there are more girly kits and I also just love the girly, flowery, glittery stuff more.

11. Nikki Epperson

Nikki Epperson I'm really a spy.

my oldest gets left out the most lately, but it's because he's never home for me to get pics anymore! Teenagers!

12. misserin

misserin New Member

Oh yeah, I try to be an equal opportunity mom BUT my daughter.....she's just so photogenic! It's hard to get photos of my little guy sometimes so I end up with more pages and photos of her :( Poor little man lol.

13. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Have him email pictures of him with his friends for you to scrap!

14. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I try to give my boys equal scrap-time. But my youngest is still at the agreeable stage and will let me snap away some nice pictures when he is doing something, while my oldest either doesn't have the time, or gives me a goofy face and I never get good shots from him. So the younger gets more pages because I simply have more photos that are scrap-worthy.

Although I keep threatening to draw him in with stick figures the next time the oldest doesn't cooperate!

15. mom2da3ks

mom2da3ks Likes scratch and sniff books

This is actually a common issue with me as well. I have 3 kids-girl 14, boy 12, and boy 6. My kids always check out my layouts which yes I do love!!! They wanna know who and what I scrapped about this time. It is a neat way to share some awesome memories with them and yes they get jealous if say Kohen gets 3 layouts and the older 2 only 1 each. But we have reached a plateau with the 2 older ones. They have decided they do not like having the pic taken anymore. And My girl hates when I "share" online. Hmmm. Don't feel guilty. It is normal and I do sometimes do gender specific. I try not to use pink on the boys' layouts but I do use flowers sometimes. Just depends.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

There is definitely an imbalance in my scrapbooks between my daughter and my stepson. I try to do at least one page a month of him, and seeing as he's only with us 40% of the time and he and DH are usually off doing something during that 40% that I am not invited to or not interested in, that's the best I can do. I hope that he will understand that as he gets older and sees the albums heavily weighed in his sister's favor. I'm not sure his mom even takes photos, so I know she doesn't scrapbook or have albums around of him at her house.

17. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

Oh, yes, I definitely have lots more pages of my daughter than son. I try not to feel too guilty about it because the truth is that she is home all day with me while my son is at school so there are naturally more pictures of her. I try to do a good job of keeping balance on my Project 365.

18. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I totally scrap my daughter more. I am trying to get better about it. she loves to let me take pics at the moment though and the boys went through this phase where they hated it so I always had more photos of her!

19. chastml

chastml Shock me, Sinead O'Rebellion

I have 2 girls and 1 boy, so it seems like I'm scrapping girly pages more often, but I scrap him as much as I can. He doesn't like for me to take his picture, so I scrap what I've got.