Yearly Reading challenges

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by klee73010, Feb 5, 2018.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I completed my Goodreads challenge last Sunday - 35 books. So I just updated my 2018 goal to 40 which is fitting since I'm T-42 days until I have that milestone birthday! :) I hope my next books are really good because the last few haven't been just ok.

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  2. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I haven't done any reading this month -- not of books, anyway -- but I was ahead of my Goodreads schedule, so there is a chance I can get caught up. I am 65% on the way to my 2018 Goodreads goal. (It's an imaginary goal, one I made up just to set up the tally, but it's still fun to try to approach it.)

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm almost at my goal... I am a fast reader and it's more fun than heavy intense reading. I think I should have picked a higher number for my challenge!

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have not read since the end of June. I had other priorities that had deadlines and if I picked up a book, I would have never met them. Now that the deadline projects are done, I hope to get back into reading again. I'm only 5 books behind according to Goodreads. That shouldn't be a problem to catch up on since once I get into a book I have a hard time putting it down... especially those cozy mysteries!

Edited to add, that I chose a lower number this year knowing about these projects and deadlines I had coming up. Next year I hope to go back to my 75-100 books during the year.

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I must say that things like this remind me that there's still a little girl in me who wants her gold stars! But it keeps me reading and saves me from more Netflix!

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

With the rainy and cooler weather the last couple of days, I was able to make a dent in my goal for the year. I was working on a 12-book set of cozy mysteries having read the first 2 in June. I read the other 10 plus a novella bonus between Friday and today.

Nice, short and fluffy reading. Just what I needed.

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I've finished book 101 for this year so far.... my original goodreads goal was 52. I've really planted myself in the YA Fantasy genre, and am really enjoying it.

In April I did an "OWLs" challenge, which was a different prompt for each of the 12 subjects taught at Hogwarts (it was hosted by a "booktuber": Bookroast, and we followed along in one of the Facebook book groups I'm in). I completed 8 of those... last month, in August, there was a follow up challenge "NEWT" reading challenge. The idea of that one was 3 prompts for each of the subjects, but you could only attempt the subjects for which you achieved an OWL for back in April. The original challenge was just to achieve all 3 prompts for one subject, and at least one prompt from one other subject.... I actually read 20 different books, covering 24 different prompts (one book had 5 novellas in it)... it was my heaviest reading month, both in book count and page count. I couldn't have done it without audiobooks though. Eat sleep and breath the pages (and audio files) of books! :beat