WOW.

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by yellowpeep, Jan 10, 2021.

1. yellowpeep

yellowpeep Spaaaarrrrrkkkleeeee

Friends,
    Hosting an MOC challenge is really hard work, yo. Coming up with a challenge that is interesting, challenging and accessible to all the members of this population that is very diverse in styles, abilities, language and access to materials and technology. There is also a lot that goes into the drafting process before it even gets posted-- version after version of trying to anticipate questions and loopholes, being as clear as possible with the rules and guidelines, making examples, etc. Even after all that work, once the challenge is posted, there are still unpredicted questions that need to be considered and clarified.
    Then there is the management of the enormous thread and checking & commenting on hundreds of entries.
    You know what makes it all worth it?
    Seeing all the unbelievably clever and diverse ways that you, the talented members of our community, respond to these challenges. I stayed up until midnight last night so I could post my challenge right at the very first minute of this day. I was so excited to share the challenge but mostly to start seeing all the ways that people would participate and contribute. And you have NOT disappointed.
    I am flabbergasted.
    I am astonished.
    It is AMAZING to me that a single challenge with some common restrictions and guidelines can result in such an incredibly diverse and gorgeous collection of layouts and stories. I love the way you've interpreted these rules that I've created-- ways I couldn't have possibly anticipated. My young daughters and I were gasping over and over again at each layout as I flipped through them because they were all so amazing and SO different.
    You are all incredible. Thank you for showing me how so many different styles, languages, stories and abilities can result in such beauty and strength in SO many forms. Thank you for taking the time to participate and meet the challenge in such incredible ways.
    I'm exhausted and just so overjoyed at what you're showing me (and each other). Keep it up.
    xo

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I so agree. I went through your challenge thread and was just blown away with the creative responses. ❤️❤️❤️

SeattleSheri and yellowpeep like this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

It was quite out of the box for me and something I had not even entertained. Still love my layout - so thankyou too.

yellowpeep likes this.
  4. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

my brain leaked out my ear, and held a meeting and said, this is too hard! I stomped my feet, just missing my little brain and commanded it back in after giving the left side a little snuggle! Once I started snapping pics then things came to mind around the house...searching for them was long and crazy! S is a really hard letter!
    but I love the feel of my page and golly you are so sweet @yellowpeep and explained it so perfectly! I adore you, the moc and the creativity that comes from taking each challenge and enveloping yourself in the spirit of the challenge

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Liana, thank you for all of your hard work - your challenge made my brain leak a little (@AnneofAlamo ) I wasn't sure what on earth I'd come up with when I saw your challenge last night! I love that you went into the details of your creative and posting process. I can't even imagine how much all of you put into this enormous project that we all look so forward to each year!

I must say, right here, that this wonderful TLP home never ceases to amaze me - the talent that's here! We can even take the very same kit and all of the pages look SO different! What a wonderful and diverse group of scrappers we have here!!!

I just love being a part of this wonderful place!

yellowpeep likes this.
  6. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Liana, thank YOU for the challenge.
    I told you, I struggled with my title. I didn't think I would love my layout, but I did! The challenge gave me some confidence about my layout. It was an out of the box experience and I love how it turned out. That's what MOC is about for me.
    So thank you for all the hard work that you put into this challenge. :beat:heartlub

yellowpeep and bestcee like this.
  7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Liana, thank you. I really enjoyed your challenge so much. It is great to do these to learn new things, have fun and enjoy this hobby of ours. I am in agreement, these pages are so unique and clever! Thanks for hosting!

yellowpeep likes this.
  8. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Fun challenge, thank you so much for all of your hard work. Wishing you a very beautiful Monday and a fabulous week ahead!

yellowpeep likes this.
  9. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I have to say thank you to you for sharing your own thoughts about coming up with a challenge and the post with the rules about how to do it! I think we forget that those of us creating our layouts using that challenge are not the only ones creating something here. I mean, think about it!! I have often felt that everything anyone does is an art. Whether it's how we fold clothes or make a meal or how we paint something or create a layout. It takes a talent to do everything we do. So I enjoyed hearing about the process of what you went thru to create this challenge and the rules for us to follow. Thank you!! It's fun to hear the background stories that make this so much fun.

yellowpeep and Frumpje like this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh Liana, thank you for sharing your story about the creative process of hosting a challenge! I'm on regular CTs, so I see how difficult it is to host a singular challenge...I can only imagine how crazy it must be to deal with MOC!!!

your challenge was fun and it really got me thinking about how to create a cool title! thank you for the inspiration!

yellowpeep likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@yellowpeep I'm looking forward to doing this challenge because I've seen some really cool layouts for this one!

In the meantime, I'll just say that you have the sweetest heart and I love that you are here at TLP, spreading the love to all.

yellowpeep likes this.
  12. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

This has been my favourite challenge so far! It stretched my imagination and got me thinking out the box.

I really appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes - you ladies do an incredible job!

yellowpeep likes this.
  13. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

So I have to tell you, @yellowpeep, that I saw your challenge and immediately thought, "Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooo." I rarely ever use alphabets because #lazyscrapper and the fear of God struck my heart for a minute or two :giggle but then I decided to go big or go home & the page turned out to be one of my favorites & I never would have scrapped those photos that way without your prompt.

Thank YOU for challenging us! :beat

yellowpeep likes this.
  14. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I absolutely agree with everything you said!