World Smile Day (belated)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Tree City, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

World Smile Day was this past Friday, Oct 4. I meant to come in here and say "Did you smile today? Have you made someone smile today?" but DSD weekend flew right by! Yet maybe that's for the best, because I think I could confidently wager than every single one of us here at TLP smiled over DSD weekend simply because...it was DSD weekend!
    [​IMG]
    But let's set aside DSD wonderful-ness for a second. Have you smiled today? Have you made anyone smile today? (Or maybe over the past few days?)

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I made my kids laughed when I talked with a (very bad) Boston accent. They're watching the new Carmen Sandiego cartoon on Netflix and some characters have that accent. They sure thought it was funny when their Midwestern-nasally mom attempted a Boston accent. I thought I was doing pretty well, but leave it to my own offspring to burst that bubble for me!

3. Eyeore

Eyeore Think it over, think it under

Why can't you use "beefStew" as a password?
    [​IMG]
    Because it's not stroganoff

Made me LOL.
    I put it on the family group chat and DS1 says that a dad and a half joke.
    That means a Mom joke = 1.5x dad joke

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I had an eye appointment today and when my hubby and I left the first little room, the tech said "thank you both for being so sweet and friendly". I thought that was so nice!

Tree City likes this.
  5. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

[​IMG]

Seriously. Like I love to smile at strangers all the time. It drives my daughter crazy! lol! I just think the world needs more smiling & kindness! Plus, I always tell her it's REALLY hard for someone to be grumpy when you smile at them! ;)

Tree City likes this.
  6. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Clipping my way through life

What an awesome holiday! I love it!

We live in an area the primary demographic is retirees, so every time I go out with my little ones we (they) make people smile. It's pretty awesome. :)

Tree City likes this.
  7. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz blessed

With lots of kids around here there's always smiles and laughs going on...along with grumpy attitudes too...but thankfully it's mostly smiles and laughs.

One of my kids' favorite games is for me to make up silly sentences and they have to pick the correct word. It's actually a listening/spoken language game that I use for my boys but they all like to play it. We played it tonight and it always gets a ton of laughs from my younger kids.

Tonight I said, "Time to brush my feet!"
    You would have thought I cracked the best joke ever. I love having little kids. :)

Tree City likes this.
  8. michelepixels

michelepixels Amazing, Awesome and Wonderful!

As I scrolled the thread I was thinking of telling about times patrons of my theater make me smile because of things they say or silly things they do, but then I read Stefanie's post to my daughter, which made her laugh, which made me laugh. So thank you! :rollin

Eyeore and Tree City like this.